Farokhmanesh Promoted to Director of Player Relations and Development

Nebraska Coach Tim Miles announced Friday that Ali Farokhmanesh has been named Director of Player Relations and Development for the Husker men’s basketball program.

“I am really happy to add Ali Farokhmanesh to our staff on a full-time basis,” Miles said. “I appreciate his efforts as our graduate assistant and know he will do a terrific job as our Director of Player Relations and Development. Ali has a terrific reputation as a player and now is building the same thing as a coach. He has a very strong connection to our guys and will do an excellent job in this role. I also want to thank our administration for helping us to keep Ali on our staff to further strengthen our efforts for Big Ten success.”
“As we look at ways to improve the program, this newly created position will not only help with our recruiting efforts, but also provide the development to help our student-athletes succeed on and off the court,” said Executive Associate Athletic Director Marc Boehm. “Ali Farokhmanesh is the perfect fit to take on this position, and we are grateful.”
Farokhmanesh will fill several roles in this newly created position. His primary duties will be to help manage and oversee the off-the court responsibilities of student-athletes. He will play a major role in creating and implementing a mentoring program. He will coordinate community outreach with Nebraska’s Life Skills staff while also serving as liaison to groups within the Department of Athletics, including the Nebraska Athletic Performance Laboratory (NAPL). He also will assist the Husker coaching staff in recruiting operations, including on-campus hosting duties.

Huskers.com

• Fire 1