Gun Control

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well.....

I am just shocked, I tell ya.

But the twin tweets suggest that it may have taken the gun rights group only a little over a day to persuade the president to back away from his apparent embrace of gun control during a remarkable, televised meeting on Wednesday with members of Congress.

He's like a little toddler. They probably brought him balloons and a sucker and told him he was the strongest boy.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every tyrant I can think of took the weapons from the people. The Founders knew this and sought to prevent it from happening here with the Second Amendment. 

Then again I can't think of a single tyrant who took certain weapons away from the people and requested more stringent background checks, but was willing to leave the people better armed than his own police force. 

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Then again I can't think of a single tyrant who took certain weapons away from the people and requested more stringent background checks, but was willing to leave the people better armed than his own police force. 

Background checks can be designed so that only those you approve of can pass them.

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every tyrant I can think of took the weapons from the people. The Founders knew this and sought to prevent it from happening here with the Second Amendment. 

I can think of many non-tyrants who have "taken weapons from the people," and not only have the people not been oppressed, gun violence has gone down and overall people are pretty happy with the situation. 

Removal of guns from society isn't solely the hallmark of tyrants.  Sometimes societies just collectively start acting like adults and make wise decisions.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can think of many non-tyrants who have "taken weapons from the people," and not only have the people not been oppressed, gun violence has gone down and overall people are pretty happy with the situation. 

Removal of guns from society isn't solely the hallmark of tyrants.  Sometimes societies just collectively start acting like adults and make wise decisions.

You know, most developed countries. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1