Gun Control

31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So I can't imagine there's a post from you saying the exact opposite. But of course there is:

You took my statement literally? Seriously? Of course Hogg can complain. I’m not advocating he somehow be silenced. I’m saying his whining about being bullied simply can’t be taken seriously.

If you’re going to accuse me of hypocrisy, you’re going to have to work harder. :D

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You took my statement literally? Seriously? Of course Hogg can complain. I’m not advocating he somehow be silenced. I’m saying his whining about being bullied simply can’t be taken seriously.

If you’re going to accuse me of hypocrisy, you’re going to have to work harder. :D

I think you're doing a fine job of it yourself.

• Plus1 2
55 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think you're doing a fine job of it yourself.

Yep. Because saying that Hogg is a hypocrite and has thus forfeited his right to complain is obviously a call for him to be censored or otherwise silenced so he is unable to express his opinions.

:D

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep. Because saying that Hogg is a hypocrite and has thus forfeited his right to complain is obviously a call for him to be censored or otherwise silenced so he is unable to express his opinions.

:D

What do you think "forfeited his right to complain" means? Because it's exactly calling for censoring. Here's the definition of "forfeit":

1. lose or be deprived of (property or a right or privilege) as a penalty for wrongdoing.

• Plus1 3
16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You took my statement literally? Seriously?

Maybe it would help if you would overtly state which of your statements are or are not to be taken seriously. Because if you don't intend your statements to be taken at face value, or you're going to walk them back when you're called on them, they have no merit in a conversation like this. 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Maybe it would help if you would overtly state which of your statements are or are not to be taken seriously. Because if you don't intend your statements to be taken at face value, or you're going to walk them back when you're called on them, they have no merit in a conversation like this. 

It was clearly an opinion statement. As I have pointed out several times now, there is no reliable objective way to measure media bias. So we have to look at the available evidence and estimate. 

Maybe it would help if the people who disagreed with the number I came up with would either a) present evidence I’m wrong or at least b) quit whining so much. It’s frankly embarrassing.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was clearly an opinion statement. As I have pointed out several times now, there is no reliable objective way to measure media bias. So we have to look at the available evidence and estimate. 

Maybe it would help if the people who disagreed with the number I came up with would either a) present evidence I’m wrong or at least b) quit whining so much. It’s frankly embarrassing.

:facepalm:    most local media IS right leaning.   most am radio is right lean.   cable has both right and left lean stations.   

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Uh...Hogg is 18 years old. He’s no “child.” Liberals try to paint him as such so he can vilify others who are then unable to respond as they would be picking on a poor little kid. 

Have you bothered to notice how incredibly vile Hogg has been to others? He had my sympathy for living through a shooting. But his complete ignorance about guns, his ridiculous hypocrisy about regulation, and his ongoing campaign of vitriol and nastiness toward others have been something to witness. It’s hard to imagine a worse spokesman for the cause than Hogg.

He's been 18 for 3 days. So yes, you've been picking on a child. Have YOU bothered to notice the how incredibly vile people have been to him and the other Parkland students?

I'll tell you what's something to witness, the attacks from Fox News, Republicans and people like yourself. Ridiculous hypocrisy? You mean like calling someone an "a-hole" and then whining about his "nastiness" towards others. 

It's hard to imagine a worse cause than attacking people who survived a school shooting. 

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, Fru said:

He's been 18 for 3 days. So yes, you've been picking on a child. Have YOU bothered to notice the how incredibly vile people have been to him and the other Parkland students?

I'll tell you what's something to witness, the attacks from Fox News, Republicans and people like yourself. Ridiculous hypocrisy? You mean like calling someone an "a-hole" and then whining about his "nastiness" towards others. 

It's hard to imagine a worse cause than attacking people who survived a school shooting. 

Hogg reacted to a local tragedy by accusing all manner of politicians as accepting blood money, attacked everyone in sight as dumb, crazy, and evil, and demanded that millions of people have their constitutional rights curtailed or eliminated. Then he whined about how unfair it was to make students use clear backpacks. He has behaved deplorably. 

Some blowback is to be expected.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hogg reacted to a local tragedy by accusing all manner of politicians as accepting blood money, attacked everyone in sight as dumb, crazy, and evil, and demanded that millions of people have their constitutional rights curtailed or eliminated. Then he whined about how unfair it was to make students use clear backpacks. He has behaved deplorably. 

17 slaughtered students is a bit more than a "local tragedy." 

His representatives in Florida have taken millions from the NRA which is absolutely blood money. It is pretty dumb, crazy and evil when we allow mass shootings to occur in every aspect of life in this country and yet we do nothing about it. Yeah, he might demand that some people not be allowed to have weapons of war, I can only imagine how he arrived to that conclusion. 

You're going awfully far out of your way to attack school shooting survivors, seems far more deplorable to me. 

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you really think his comments are just based on a "local tragedy"?  

And...what exactly has he done to be "deplorable"?

• Plus1 2

Republican Steve King attacks Emma Gonzalez for wearing a Cuban flag patch on her jacket.

Republican candidate for the Maine House of Representatives calls Emma Gonzalez a skinhead lesbian

Republican Mayor of Waterville, told Parkland survivor David Hogg to “eat it” after Hogg defended himself against attacks from Fox News host Laura Ingraham

Republican Rep Mary Franson from Minnesota compares Parkland survivors and march organizers to Hitler Youth

Donald Trump Jr spreads Parkland conspiracy theories on twitter. 

Laura Ingraham mocks a survivor for not getting in to some of the colleges he applied to. 

But yes, let's make sure a high school student isn't being too mean.

• Plus1 7

Whoa

When Dick’s Sporting Goods said it would no longer sell modern sporting rifles at its Field & Stream stores following the Valentine’s Day shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school, one question was what would happen to the unsold firearms in its inventory.

Typically a retailer may return unsold merchandise to the manufacturer. But in this case, Dick’s Sporting Goods has decided to destroy them.

“We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included. 

• Plus1 4