Rio Olympics

C N Red

CDC study found super bacteria at swimming, canoeing, and rowing venues. These bacteria are very resistant to drugs, b/c hospitals in in Rio will dispose of medical waste into storm drains and rivers polluting and contaminating the water supply.

Study found that from the spectator location for sailing events 90% of samples collected had a super bacteria. Can cause major infections and meningitis. Studies show that these bacteria cause death in up to half the people infected.

Ridiculous. I don't blame any athletes for not going.

Not to mention Zika too.

• Fire 1

The Olympics have become to large of an event for many countries to host easily. Only larger countries with many of the venues already in place can do this in todays world economy. Add in health issues and possible terrorist plots and it has quickly become unwieldy. They may have to start farming out events to other countries and in the future have countries bid on hosting only one or two sports.

The Olympics have become to large of an event for many countries to host easily. Only larger countries with many of the venues already in place can do this in todays world economy. Add in health issues and possible terrorist plots and it has quickly become unwieldy. They may have to start farming out events to other countries and in the future have countries bid on hosting only one or two sports.

According to this, Brazil has the world's 6th or 8th strongest economy as measured by GDP. I think that qualifies as a "larger country". I ignored the EU because in 3 lists the individual countries that make up the EU were also listed.

According to this, Brazil has the world's 6th or 8th strongest economy as measured by GDP. I think that qualifies as a "larger country". I ignored the EU because in 3 lists the individual countries that make up the EU were also listed.

If totally inadequate sewage treatment is what the worlds 6th strongest economy gets you then either there is serious mismanagement, which wouldn't bode well for all the money needed to host the Olympics, or the world is in trouble.

If totally inadequate sewage treatment is what the worlds 6th strongest economy gets you then either there is serious mismanagement, which wouldn't bode well for all the money needed to host the Olympics, or the world is in trouble.

Flint, Michigan