2016 U.S. Open

Mavric

Who in the heck is Andrew Landry? After 13 holes he leads by the field by three shots at -5. I doubt that will last long though. Bubba in second at -3.

Web.com player who got hot Thursday morning. I saw him missed a couple make-able putts for birdie, too.

The US Open always has no-name guys who went through local qualifying that come out of nowhere and are up on the leaderboard the first 2-3 rounds. IIRC, the last local qualifier to end up winning was Steve Jones in the mid-90s.

Play suspended for the day.

Pretty close to the Open I attended at Bethpage in 2009. They played for a couple hours before the rain started and halted play for that day. For the next three days they played sunup to sundown. Got to see a lot of golf. Only thing that sucked was our flight left Sunday night so I had to watch the final round on TV.

Pretty close to the Open I attended at Bethpage in 2009. They played for a couple hours before the rain started and halted play for that day. For the next three days they played sunup to sundown. Got to see a lot of golf. Only thing that sucked was our flight left Sunday night so I had to watch the final round on TV.

The hard part for U.S. Opens to catch up on play is that there are so many players in the field (180+) and guys not used to those types of conditions that the rounds take 5-6 hours to complete. It does help that the tournament played at the peak hours of sunlight for the year, but fitting almost 4 full rounds of play into 3 days is going to be tough, and a nightmare for TV.

The hard part for U.S. Opens to catch up on play is that there are so many players in the field (180+) and guys not used to those types of conditions that the rounds take 5-6 hours to complete. It does help that the tournament played at the peak hours of sunlight for the year, but fitting almost 4 full rounds of play into 3 days is going to be tough, and a nightmare for TV.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they get done on Sunday now. Didn't get very far today.