Huskers Finish #7 not in Conf but in Nation

http://hailvarsity.com/news/70000-simulations-cant-be-wrong-right/2016/06/

Here is an amazing story. I'm not a statistic geek so some of this flies above my pay grade, but one pollster says all of the stars are coming together

for us to finish 7th in the nation this year.

Personally, I just hope we somehow win the West. My biggest concern - TA turnovers and D-line. If Langs can play TA within his strengths and somehow Coach P gets

the line figured out, then I think we can win the W. Finishing 7th nationally would be a fantasy. We'd have to build a lot of street cred with wins over Oregon and OSU -

I'd think we'd have to do what Iowa did last year - 12-0 to get the respect to finish in the top 10.

• Fire 2

Projections like this always intrigue me. Similar to Moneyball or what the Browns are trying to do in the NFL, metrics and stats over hype and past laurels is a fresh way of seeing things. We're all used to hearing former players and coaches analyze things to death on ESPN or BTN. Now, the nerds get their input, and some of it seems to be working pretty damn well.

It comforts me that Coach Riley and staff are using metrics, seriously using everything available to make this team better.

(I hope it works for the Browns too!)

Unlikely, but most definitely not impossible. I think one loss to either Oregon or Ohio State might still keep us in the top ten by the end of the regular season. Hell, Michigan had three regular season losses, and still finished in the top 15.

Here are the final records of last year's AP top ten teams: (including CCG and bowls)

Bama 14-1

Clemson 14-1

Stanford 12-2

Ohio State 12-1

Oklahoma 11-2

Michigan State 12-2

TCU 11-2

Houston 13-1

Iowa 12-2

Ole Miss 10-3

Really, the only 2-loss teams that weren't in the final top 10 were from non-power 5 conferences.

Unlikely, but most definitely not impossible. I think one loss to either Oregon or Ohio State might still keep us in the top ten by the end of the regular season. Hell, Michigan had three regular season losses, and still finished in the top 15.

Here are the final records of last year's AP top ten teams: (including CCG and bowls)

Bama 14-1

Clemson 14-1

Stanford 12-2

Ohio State 12-1

Oklahoma 11-2

Michigan State 12-2

TCU 11-2

Houston 13-1

Iowa 12-2

Ole Miss 10-3

Really, the only 2-loss teams that weren't in the final top 10 were from non-power 5 conferences.

Yeah, that *could* happen. Wouldn't bet the farm on it though. If we get through our regular season sched with only one loss and then lose in the B10 CCG, we might stick around in the top 10. Or we could win the B10 and catch a loss in the playoff--in which case we'd most likely end up 4th or so. But the odds of that are not good.