Gerry getting some love

To imagine what his career would look like if A) he hadn't been put at linebacker his freshman year and B) he didn't have almost 75% of a season struggling with the learning curve of a poor new defensive scheme C) been ejected from two games.

All so true. I am hoping this season we see the evolution of Gerry. I think he has the potential to be 1st team B1G, maybe even AA. His numbers not far off Cash (more TFL and sacks) or Bell from last year. That's after being ejected from two games.... Year two in the system, the skies the limit.

Gerry will play in the NFL, and if he has a 1st team BIG or AA year then he could go fairly early. The kid flies around the field and seems to have a knack for the big play and is usually a very sure tackler

I think he will be playing on Sunday's as well. And I bet he does far better this year after playing a full season in this defense. If nothing else, his confidence level should be higher than last year simply due to familiarity with the system.

I've got a short memory when it goes from one season to the next. Am I wrong in thinking that Gerry took some heat early last year...that he seemed slow, kind of lacklustrer and almost indifferent. But then he really came on strong the last half of the year? I know there was a lot of talk about "buy in" last year. Is there any chance the combination of a new system and slow buy in worked together to hamper his early season performance?

I do agree, I expect to see him excel this year, at the highest levels.

I've got a short memory when it goes from one season to the next. Am I wrong in thinking that Gerry took some heat early last year...that he seemed slow, kind of lacklustrer and almost indifferent. But then he really came on strong the last half of the year? I know there was a lot of talk about "buy in" last year. Is there any chance the combination of a new system and slow buy in worked together to hamper his early season performance?

I do agree, I expect to see him excel this year, at the highest levels.

Here is a quote from Banker:

"I might make a comment to him (last year) and the verbiage might have been different than Stew," Banker said. "It was the same message but maybe just a different word. And somebody like Nate, Nate likes consistency. Nate is really a better player when he hears exactly the same thing, the same message, as opposed to that mixed message or what he perceives as one."

I think the above was one issue. Verbiage/terminology etc... I also seem to remember Nate saying something along the lines of he and others often reverted back to their old ways which caused some issues.
IMO, Gerry all be the rock that this D is built on. I really think he has a break out year.