DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Avery commit?

• Nebraska
    • Baylor
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas A&M
    • Colorado
    • Ohio State
    • TCU

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

We blew it because we don't have a need at his position?

I understand wishing he was able to be a part of the team, but I can't agree with "WE blew it".

we blew it because we let an elite level player go when we had a DT signee battling academic/qualification issues as well as the fact that Bishop Dunne produces many high level FBS prospects on an annual basis and his recruitment would've assisted in landing our other targets in future classes from the school.

You can't ever have enough big time players on the defensive and offensive lines. Avery has the skill set and frame to develop into one of those special players. Prematurely "cooling" on him based off of your numbers in April is, in my opinion, blowing it. Especially when he seemed to be a heavy NU lean.

• Fire 4

I understand wishing he was able to be a part of the team, but I can't agree with "WE blew it".

we blew it because we let an elite level player go when we had a DT signee battling academic/qualification issues as well as the fact that Bishop Dunne produces many high level FBS prospects on an annual basis and his recruitment would've assisted in landing our other targets in future classes from the school.

You can't ever have enough big time players on the defensive and offensive lines. Avery has the skill set and frame to develop into one of those special players. Prematurely "cooling" on him based off of your numbers in April is, in my opinion, blowing it. Especially when he seemed to be a heavy NU lean.

Absolutely!!!

We're not taking a DT this year. Should they string the kid along?
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]