DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

45 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Except it was't on the coaches.  His ACT is fine...if he had got his GPA up, he'd be in good shape.

Wanna blame?  Blame Parella...a Nebraska guy who went after him.

Nevermind. Ignore what I originally posted. Just re-read it.  

Edited by Day by Day
44 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Except it was't on the coaches.  His ACT is fine...if he had got his GPA up, he'd be in good shape.

Wanna blame?  Blame Parella...a Nebraska guy who went after him.

I don't agree with this. If you have 2 good players you should either go for both or the guy who was accepted to Harvard.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

5 minutes ago, theknife said:

I disagree. The previous staff put all their eggs in a basket that had a huge gaping hole in it, in the form of grades. They let another instate kid go to our division rival over what seems to amount to him not meeting some arbitrary system archetype Mr. Bob "Strain" Diaco had.   

^^

You'd have to be purposely holding your hand in front of your eyes if you didn't want to see that this wasn't poor management by the last staff

• Plus1 2
Just now, Atbone95 said:

^^

You'd have to be purposely holding your hand in front of your eyes if you didn't want to see that this wasn't poor management by the last staff

Or you'd have to be purposefully trying to blame the last staff to vent more collective Husker anger.

They took a chance, no different than Frost taking a chance on Smith late in this year's cycle. 

• Plus1 3

21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Stop.

Mike Riley can be blamed for many things, I don't think the situation with Masry is one of them. 

Riley and his staff put all their eggs in a basket that was a high risk to qualify from the jump, while ignoring an equally as talented DT who was just down the road from the stadium, among others. So yes, this situation can be squarely blamed on him. 

• Plus1 7
Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

Or you'd have to be purposefully trying to blame the last staff to vent more collective Husker anger.

They took a chance, no different than Frost taking a chance on Smith late in this year's cycle. 

I don't see how CJ Smith is analogous in anyway to what transpired here. CJ Smith was a late offer in a transition recruiting class.  We had two in-state prospects of similar rank, with a huge timeline for the previous staff to choose who to offer. One was an academic risk and one wasn't. The staff elected to take the one with the academic risk and not so much as offer the other kid. This risk allowed our in-state kid to go to Wisconsin.  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Riley and his staff put all their eggs in a basket that was a high risk to qualify from the jump, while ignoring an equally as talented DT who was just down the road from the stadium, among others. So yes, this situation can be squarely blamed on him. 

I agree with everything, except the equally as talented part. That just isn't true.

I feel both should have been offered from the start however.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I agree with everything, except the equally as talented part. That just isn't true.

I feel both should have been offered from the start however.

Masry's composite on 247 is .8541; Williams is .8540. That's where that portion of that post comes from. 

• Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]