DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Last post, because this isn't about Masry. 

Last staff offered Masry two years before he was to graduate, and shut down all DL recruitment. Told local, talented kids no. Told high profile, highly ranked kids that wanted in no. They knew he was an academic risk. 

Frost made an offer with 2 months before (the last) Signing Day, and then actively recruited other safeties - and has continued to recruit other safeties through today. 

You are bliinnddddd. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Masry's composite on 247 is .8541; Williams is .8540. That's where that portion of that post comes from. 

That is fine, but is just a reflection of where they are this moment. Masry has a higher ceiling. 

Also....is .0001 not higher?! :cheers

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Last post, because this isn't about Masry. 

Last staff offered Masry two years before he was to graduate, and shut down all DL recruitment. Told local, talented kids no. Told high profile, highly ranked kids that wanted in no. They knew he was an academic risk. 

Frost made an offer with 2 months before (the last) Signing Day, and then actively recruited other safeties - and has continued to recruit other safeties through today. 

You are bliinnddddd. 

Right on, I think we could have landed Avery. Wasn't he like .93 by the end? 

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

This whole DT recruiting process with Mapieu and Williams can be appropriately summed up by...

Image result for bartolo colon gif

40 minutes ago, ADS said:

Going to need someone to photoshop Riley’s face over Bartolo Colon’s.

Does he have any eligibility? 

18 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Except it was't on the coaches.  His ACT is fine...if he had got his GPA up, he'd be in good shape.

Wanna blame?  Blame Parella...a Nebraska guy who went after him.

I've posted about all this multiple times on all the amazing available options that were even within the 500 mile radius.  I'm comfy with my statement.  I realize I know only a little. 

Avery would have been N if we didnt have all our eggs in with Masry.  Avery and Daniels are very close friends and wanted to play together in college.  This is a Riley screw up plain and simple.  Im sure there is more to the story but you dont turn away a top 200 player for an academic risk. 

• Plus1 2

The article linked below says 

Mapieu has not yet met academic qualifying standards and, while Snodgrass fully expects him to in May, the Husker coaching staff told them that they cannot risk losing a scholarship.

"I totally understand why Nebraska can’t sign him," Snodgrass said. "I totally understand that they can’t take the risk on losing one of their scholarships. Totally understandable and Masry understands it, too.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/mapieu-not-signing-with-huskers/article_921c9ec6-61d9-5dc2-8cfd-ee9d5eed42e2.amp.html

What a difference from the last staff. MR didn't even fill out his classes, and Frost has plan in place so he doesn't have to gamble on a guy qualifying academically. I like it. This staff not only has great football minds, but great business and management skills. The entire program is being optimized for success.

Edited by MichiganDad3
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]