DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I dont know that he is, but others are saying UCLA and Wisconsin are in the mix, and that at one point UVA was also showing interest.  So, to me, it just seems odd.  

Maybe. To me it just seems like he's a kid that is an academic risk, which has been known for well over a year, that hasn't done what needed to be done to be academically eligible at Neb. Therefore, Neb has moved on and other schools who are interested in his talents, but likely not as aware of his academic details, are looking into if he'll qualify at their school. Likely these other programs will find out what Neb has and move on. 

The staff visited York within the last 30 days to get a detailed update on his academic standing, there was interest there. 

Edited by Warrior10
14 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Maybe. To me it just seems like he's a kid that is an academic risk, which has been known for well over a year, that hasn't done what needed to be done to be academically eligible at Neb. Therefore, Neb has moved on and other schools who are interested in his talents, but likely not as aware of his academic details, are looking into if he'll qualify at their school. Likely these other programs will find out what Neb has and move on. 

The staff visited York within the last 30 days to get a detailed update on his academic standing, there was interest there. 

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I dont know that he is, but others are saying UCLA and Wisconsin are in the mix, and that at one point UVA was also showing interest.  So, to me, it just seems odd.  

It seemed odd to me as well.  Is it possible that Frost and Co. have other reservations?  He was a Riley recruit.  Maybe he doesn't fit in some capacity?  Don't want to start rumors, just thinking with a keyboard. I guess we'll know soon enough.  

Another thought,  aren't academic problems from a small school district like York kind of weird?  When I think of academic concerns I think of inner city kids that have do not have a lot of exposure and get swallowed up in a large school with high student to teacher populations?  And I  think he either lives in McCool and is hardshipped to York or just outright moved to York for the football program.

1 hour ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Maybe he’s just not good at football. We can’t just take kids from Nebraska just because they “look” like big mean football players. 2 sacks and 3 TFL in a career per maxpreps is not exactly a dominant player imo.

Not saying you’re wrong, but getting facts from MaxPreps is like trusting Nate Clouse to tell you where a prospect is going. 

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but getting facts from MaxPreps is like trusting Nate Clouse to tell you where a prospect is going. 

I certainly did not want to misrepresent numbers personally, I only watched the title game he played in. Not slamming the kid because I think he really wants to be good and I wish him the best. Maybe it just won’t be at NU

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The point is everyone is saying maybe Frost doesn't think he is a good prospect but that really can't be that true if he offered from UCF

Thinking Mapieu is good enough for AAC competition and Big Ten competition are 2 totally different things. Especially if he thinks he can land better talent at Nebraska. Its not out of the question his standards would be raised by coming to Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Thinking Mapieu is good enough for AAC competition and Big Ten competition are 2 totally different things. Especially if he thinks he can land better talent at Nebraska. Its not out of the question his standards would be raised by coming to Nebraska.

Yea don't think so when UCLA, Wisconsin and UVA are sniffing around. Can we quit with the "he isn't good enough"? He is plain and simple. Its a grades thing.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:11 AM, Nebfanatic said:

Yea don't think so when UCLA, Wisconsin and UVA are sniffing around. Can we quit with the "he isn't good enough"? He is plain and simple. Its a grades thing.

How many times did you watch him play? Are the stats from Max Preps even close to accurate?

Edited by Mary Pats BOB
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic