DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

So has anyone heard how STL went..? I heard more about a freshman, unranked QB from Columbus Scotus than I did about Masry...

Masry won't compete until today. Yesterday was basically a tryout to get invited to today. A select few that already had invites to today competed yesterday (2019 Burke TE), but most were trying to earn an invite.

So has anyone heard how STL went..? I heard more about a freshman, unranked QB from Columbus Scotus than I did about Masry...

I heard about that guy awhile ago when he was a freshman. He will be a junior next year I think? Maybe someone we could go after.

No, he's still a freshman. A 2020 kid. He will be very, very good.

My bad on not knowing about him competing today. I'M A DEBBIE DOWNER, I GET IT.

I heard about that guy awhile ago when he was a freshman. He will be a junior next year I think? Maybe someone we could go after.

No, he's still a freshman. A 2020 kid. He will be very, very good.

My bad on not knowing about him competing today. I'M A DEBBIE DOWNER, I GET IT.

Ahh perfect. Hopefully he's the real deal and we can get Gunnell and him after.

Sounds like he had a good day. Could have been reporter bias but sounded like he was using some different moves besides a pass rush. Maybe he'll make quicker improvement than we initially thought

He has been working with his coach a few days a week to try and improve his pass rush so this is good to hear.

Recruiting wrap: Mapieu is committed to Nebraska

Performance: Mapieu is still just starting to tap into his potential, but he showed impressive flashes during Sunday’s camp. He has good size and he’s very quick off the ball, giving him the upper hand on most interior linemen he faces. He’s a prospect to watch in terms of how his development goes heading into his senior season.

• Fire 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic