DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

5 hours ago, yort2000 said:

Does #2 even exist?  Nebraska used to take Prop. 48 players.  So, UNL would be able to enroll players that were below the NCAA requirements for eligibility.

5 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Nebraska does not take Prop. 48 players any longer.  They haven't since the Big 12 formed.

You must have missed my use of the past tense.  I don't think Nebraska's enrollment standards increased from the Prop. 48 days.  Have they?

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Acceptance criteria is more strict for athletes than the general student population. Some students that come in as Freshmen, wouldn't qualify as an athlete.

I would guess that if Nebraska wanted a football recruit and that recruit met the NCAA standards that Nebraska would work out getting them accepted and enrolled at the University.

Edit:  Or, maybe the NCAA requirements are more stringent than UNL's acceptance standards.

Edited by yort2000
18 hours ago, yort2000 said:

You must have missed my use of the past tense.  I don't think Nebraska's enrollment standards increased from the Prop. 48 days.  Have they?

By not taking Prop 48, the enrollment standards increased immediately.  And yes, the B1G has tougher requirements than other conferences.  I don't think this was really a factor in this particular recruitment, as ULL has more room to take a risk than NU did this cycle.

• 5 months later...