We have a football player in Armstrong that you need to build around. He's by far the best option at QB, and people seem to forget he was a 4 star recruit (highest rated starter in the B10, except JT Barrett) who was trending up in performance during his first two seasons before he and his teammates had to learn an entirely new system.

If you can't find a way to win with a QB like Armstrong, a freshman will be eaten alive.

• Fire 2

Tommy starts this year and Tanner Lee starts next year. Don't really know after that.

I'm not one who thinks the freshman is always the answer but what makes you think Tanner will light it up? He didn't do anything at his last school really.

He has 18 months to learn our system. Time to get on the same page with his receivers and know his running backs. He should be surrounded with better athletes and just needs to deliver the ball. He doesn't have to beat the other teams by himself.

Tommy starts this year and Tanner Lee starts next year. Don't really know after that.

I'm not one who thinks the freshman is always the answer but what makes you think Tanner will light it up? He didn't do anything at his last school really.

He has 18 months to learn our system. Time to get on the same page with his receivers and know his running backs. He should be surrounded with better athletes and just needs to deliver the ball. He doesn't have to beat the other teams by himself.
Pretty much this.

My best guess:

Tommy will continue to amaze us with his great runs and will continue to frustrate us with his lack of ability to check down and see open guys. He will therefore under utilize his receivers and will struggle with correct footwork in the pocket. His improvement will be there from last season but it will be minor.

Next year Tanner Lee will start with O'Brien getting mop up duties. In 2018 It will be a battle between O'Brien and Gebbia, barring injury. Whether Gebbia starts or not will largely depend on his ability to hold up with his small frame or his progress in weight gain and strength gains at that time.

The way things have happened in the past, it's always completely different than what you think it will be. Half of these superstars will hardly play, transfer, or change position. The high school hype you hear about players from the media and zealous fans will turn into a running joke.

​I'm really more concerned about the play-calling ability of the OC than which QB he puts out there. If he tries to shove a square peg into a round hole then it won't matter who they play. Also, if the defense is so bad that it forces our QB into a style that he's terrible at, then you can't really blame the QB or act like he's the problem. At that point we can't start acting indignant and insist that the high school superstar passer be put in the game to make up for our defense that gives up 50 every game.

That's all I got.

• Fire 2

2017 Season

Tommy - senior starter

Ryker - senior back up

Patrick - freshman redshirting 2017

Tanner - junior transfer redshirting 2017, 2 years eligibility remaining

Tristan - high school senior for 2017, redshirt in "18",

My best guess:

Tommy will continue to amaze us with his great runs and will continue to frustrate us with his lack of ability to check down and see open guys. He will therefore under utilize his receivers and will struggle with correct footwork in the pocket. His improvement will be there from last season but it will be minor.

Next year Tanner Lee will start with O'Brien getting mop up duties. In 2018 It will be a battle between O'Brien and Gebbia, barring injury. Whether Gebbia starts or not will largely depend on his ability to hold up with his small frame or his progress in weight gain and strength gains at that time.

Did Lee get a 6th year? If it hasn't been decided yet, any ideas on when it will be? I'm not sure if he has to wait until his eligibility runs out to even apply.

The way things have happened in the past, it's always completely different than what you think it will be. Half of these superstars will hardly play, transfer, or change position. The high school hype you hear about players from the media and zealous fans will turn into a running joke.

​I'm really more concerned about the play-calling ability of the OC than which QB he puts out there. If he tries to shove a square peg into a round hole then it won't matter who they play. Also, if the defense is so bad that it forces our QB into a style that he's terrible at, then you can't really blame the QB or act like he's the problem. At that point we can't start acting indignant and insist that the high school superstar passer be put in the game to make up for our defense that gives up 50 every game.

That's all I got.

I think all you got makes a whole lot of sense.