DE Micah Parsons [Penn State- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

116 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parsons commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/3-3-will-ohio-state-find-way-land-tyreke-smith-micah-parsons-jayson-oweh

Speaking of relationships with Larry Johnson, that’s what has kept Micah Parsons and the Buckeyes so closely linked for the last year. Even prior to his de-commitment from Penn State, Parsons’ relationship with Johnson was a key factor in his recruitment. Now — though he’s told me he’d prefer to play in 3-4 alignment — those bonds are getting even tighter. Parsons is working toward early enrollment and has official visits scheduled to Ohio State and Nebraska — the two schools that seem to be sticking out — and seems to be focused on a big senior season at Harrisburg (Pa.). There’s a sense that Parsons is looking for the place he’ll grow as a person and a player, and there’s no one better suited for that task than Larry Johnson.

Interesting article from an OSU perspective. It looks like it may come down to Nebraska, OSU, and maybe Penn State.

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Is playing early a factor? If it is then that might be what's helping Nebraska here

I would imagine early PT would help.  The only troublesome piece from a NU perspective with that is is Meyer has shown he is more than willing to play true FS if he thinks they're ready.

Early playing time is an obvious factor now.  Later on, it will be OSU undefeated or with one loss verses the Big Red N with perhaps 4-5 losses.  My experience in recruiting has usually led to the frustration of those close losses or bad defeats that let a recruit slip to other teams.  At first I thought this was me just being negative ... 15 years later on following :bigredn: recruiting I've come to have to prepare for it.

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Early playing time is an obvious factor now.  Later on, it will be OSU undefeated or with one loss verses the Big Red N with perhaps 4-5 losses.  My experience in recruiting has usually led to the frustration of those close losses or bad defeats that let a recruit slip to other teams.  At first I thought this was me just being negative ... 15 years later on following :bigredn: recruiting I've come to have to prepare for it.

probably going to have less losses then that and more often then not recruits see it as an opportunity to come help make the team better......  Either way we look to be the favorite or a coin toss for first.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

probably going to have less losses then that and more often then not recruits see it as an opportunity to come help make the team better......  Either way we look to be the favorite or a coin toss for first.

OSU is still the favorite but we are in it and you never know what will happen 

He raves about us in every interview. Our facilities, staff, campus, fans, technology, etc. He also really likes the position coach at OSU. 

What this comes down to is... 

1) is he willing to go far from home? (he's mentioned we are really far away). 

2) does he believe he will get immediate playing time at NU and won't at OSU? Or does he think he will at both schools. 

3) does he think we can get him to the NFL as well as OSU would? And is he okay with being an OLB in a 3-4 vs a DE hand in the dirt in a 4-3. (He has said recently his best position is probably the pass rushing DE in a 4-3). 

4) does he like the guys on the team and the recruiting class we have coming in better than he meshes with the players and recruits at OSU? 

1 hour ago, girlknowsfootball said:

3) does he think we can get him to the NFL as well as OSU would? And is he okay with being an OLB in a 3-4 vs a DE hand in the dirt in a 4-3. (He has said recently his best position is probably the pass rushing DE in a 4-3). 

A few posts up in an interview with an OSU guy it was mentioned Parsons thinks the 3-4 fits him better. Personally I think he would be better in the 3-4. More ways to use his skill set in that base formation. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

A few posts up in an interview with an OSU guy it was mentioned Parsons thinks the 3-4 fits him better. Personally I think he would be better in the 3-4. More ways to use his skill set in that base formation. 

This is somewhat controversial, because after FNL camp he did say he thought he fit better in a 4-3 as a DE. This was the first article I've seen where he said he thought he fit better in a 3-4. Maybe another sign that he is liking what N has to offer.

5 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

This is somewhat controversial, because after FNL camp he did say he thought he fit better in a 4-3 as a DE. This was the first article I've seen where he said he thought he fit better in a 3-4. Maybe another sign that he is liking what N has to offer.

No, he said then he thought his best position was 3-4 DE.