How long before one of these Pokemon Go kids steps in front of a bus and his parents sue the be-jesus out of whoever made the app? Anyone want to set an over/under?

Oh I can guarantee there will be some accidents caused by it. Hopefully nothing that serious involving children but I'm sure there will be some car accidents. Due to how the game works, it's probably not as dangerous as texting while driving but it's close.

They have a warning everytime it starts to stay aware of your surroundings etc......not that people will heed that advice.

I tried to play while driving. It resulted in the worst driving I've done in a long time. Horribly dangerous... resolved to not do that again.

I saw on Reddit somebody was playing it and they found a body in a river.

• Fire 1

AvyM8un.jpg

I'd be interested to keep seeing more stuff come out about how the actual mechanics of the game work, because I'm fairly certain that two different players don't find the same pokemon in the same places. Was sitting on my porch with some friends last night and used an incense to draw pokemon, caught 4-5, but the others around me didn't ever see anything.

In other news, I evolved a Pidgeotto into a PIdgeot today, and tried going to the gym on the corner of Lincoln Square in Chicago. I promptly realized that there are people who have not stopped playing this for a single second since it came out because I didn't stand a chance.

AvyM8un.jpg

I'd be interested to keep seeing more stuff come out about how the actual mechanics of the game work, because I'm fairly certain that two different players don't find the same pokemon in the same places. Was sitting on my porch with some friends last night and used an incense to draw pokemon, caught 4-5, but the others around me didn't ever see anything.

In other news, I evolved a Pidgeotto into a PIdgeot today, and tried going to the gym on the corner of Lincoln Square in Chicago. I promptly realized that there are people who have not stopped playing this for a single second since it came out because I didn't stand a chance.

I wonder if the incense only applies to your account, but the wild pokemon are consistent for various areas.....

I don't know how the game works, but my wife thinks it's the best thing ever. My step son who used to be glued to his laptop 24/7 (especially in the summer) has been out and about constantly. She said she took him to some land marks around the area and 10 to 20 people were there doing the same thing, striking up conversations with perfect strangers, people getting exercise that otherwise wouldn't.

• Fire 1

I don't know how the game works, but my wife thinks it's the best thing ever. My step son who used to be glued to his laptop 24/7 (especially in the summer) has been out and about constantly. She said she took him to some land marks around the area and 10 to 20 people were there doing the same thing, striking up conversations with perfect strangers, people getting exercise that otherwise wouldn't.

Yeah it would appear to be a generally good thing. I've noticed a lot more people out and about, walking with their phones in neighborhoods and particularly around parks, schools, shopping areas etc. Much better than being a couch potato, watching mindless drivel on the stupid box, even if it is just a dumb kids game.

Is anyone else having problems with this app freezing up? Quite often (usually right after capturing a Pokemon but before it is official) my screen will freeze. Shutting it down and restarting fixes it but it seems to happen quite often. I have typically have little to no problems with apps on my Samsung S5 with android but this one seems to buck that trend.

Mine's froze a handful of times. Not enough for it to be a nagging problem.

Went for a ride on the 'L' brown line down to Lake Michigan and walked up and down Diversey Avenue and around Lincoln Park for a while tonight (just got back actually). Found 3 lures that people placed on Pokestops, and used a Lucky Egg to get double the XP for half an hour, and ended up catching a Pidgeot, a Wartortle, a Growlithe, a Haunter, a few Staryus, a Myme, a Tauros, an Evee and a Horsea (as far as new finds).

Went for a ride on the 'L' brown line down to Lake Michigan and walked up and down Diversey Avenue and around Lincoln Park for a while tonight (just got back actually). Found 3 lures that people placed on Pokestops, and used a Lucky Egg to get double the XP for half an hour, and ended up catching a Pidgeot, a Wartortle, a Growlithe, a Haunter, a few Staryus, a Myme, a Tauros, an Evee and a Horsea (as far as new finds).

Jesus, my "rarest" pokes in 3 days of playing are Venonat, Evee, and Drowzee. Apparently I need to get back to Chicago.

Jesus, my "rarest" pokes in 3 days of playing are Venonat, Evee, and Drowzee. Apparently I need to get back to Chicago.

I think there's definitely huge advantages of playing in big metro areas. For one thing there are Pokestops absolutely everywhere - jump on the train and you'll hit like 15 of them in 5 minutes to get tons of items, and there seem to be higher densities. It's so weird and nerdy and bizarre and awesome seeing a bunch of reddit channels and facebook groups for pokemon catching in major cities - there's an event to play Pokemon Go at Millenium Park this Sunday with over 3,000 people rsvp'd