updated south stadium

Would capacity be less than, equivalent or greater than current capacity?

I would say less, going to a double deck stand I think the capacity would probably diminish to about 85,000. That should be the best option for the seating capacity.. Over 90k is far too many seats to expect the selll out streak to stay alive.

final update

This isn't a bad concept.

I think an option that would be a good combo between the coolest and most efficient would be to bowl around the 2nd decks on both sides, but then extend it back about twice as far in south. Then, put some luxury boxes and another video board up.

Kind of loosely ish like this

5212bba9cfc01.image.jpg

final update

I think an option that would be a good combo between the coolest and most efficient would be to bowl around the 2nd decks on both sides, but then extend it back about twice as far in south. Then, put some luxury boxes and another video board up.

5212bba9cfc01.image.jpg

Texas also did something similar to what you're describing, didn't they?

I would say less, going to a double deck stand I think the capacity would probably diminish to about 85,000. That should be the best option for the seating capacity.. Over 90k is far too many seats to expect the selll out streak to stay alive.

I'm not sure the plan would get very far if the argument is to spend millions of dollars on de-expansion construction.

I'm not sure the plan would get very far if the argument is to spend millions of dollars on de-expansion construction.

Don't be so 'not sure'. A lot of schools are doing this exact thing these days.

Don't be so 'not sure'. A lot of schools are doing this exact thing these days.

Just asking: Who is doing this?

final update

5212bba9cfc01.image.jpg

Interesting picture. obviously the people in the stadium are totally photoshopped.

I would be shocked if there are empty parking spots just outside the stadium on game day and absolutely nobody walking around the outside.