1. The late departure of Andrew White

2. Youth, youth and more youth

3. The potential for a major regression offensively

Three questions:

1. The final season for Tai Webster

2. The leadership

3. The schedule

OWH

I wouldn't put a lot of hope in JT, however if he is ready to go - he will allow every other player on the team to play their true position giving us 4.75 players on the court. I feel like we have never had more than 2/3 players at their true spot so the upgrade will show in team stats over the stats of the 5 spot.

Miles is not the end of the world and in NU history falls above average

Thinking we fall around 20 while going 500 in the league

Speaking of youth.. This has been Tim's M.O. at every school he has been at.. one good recruiting class followed by a couple years of poor recruiting. That is why when you look at his records at every school you will see one to two years where he has a good record then drops off.. Often times he left after that first good year. He is no dummy, he uses the good to propel yourself to a better job.

Can you explain which year at NU was his good year and then which 2 years after that were poor?

His recruiting up the last couple of years (the 2014-2015 class was a step up, no denying that) have been, I will just say, not good. That said, that 23rd ranked class by 247sports has not shown much to this point.

I have not seen what this years ranking is.

Can you explain which year at NU was his good year and then which 2 years after that were poor?

Not sure there is anything that fits that description but that's because I'm not sure there's been two years past the one good year.

His first full class was 2013. Webster is solid. Leslee Smith was serviceable. Fuller and Hawkins haven't done much.

If you count White as part of the 2014 class, he was good but we only had him for one season so he didn't help much. Tarin Smith and Jake Hammond did basically nothing.

The 2015 class looks to be solid. Watson could be pretty good. I like Morrow, Jacobson and McVeigh and they'll be nice players but I'm not sure they're program-changers. And Evelyn is gone. If you put Gill in that class it should be a nice core group.

So I really don't see more than one good year. The 2014 class did about as little good as any class that you can have. And the 2013 class looks to have two solid role players but nothing more.

His recruiting up the last couple of years (the 2014-2015 class was a step up, no denying that) have been, I will just say, not good. That said, that 23rd ranked class by 247sports has not shown much to this point.

So what you are saying is that what was said in post #4 has no relevance to his time here at NU. The guys in the 2014-15 class "have not shown much to this point" should be expected since they were ALL freshman last year. They are the top class that NU has produced in over 10 years.

The three recruits for this class are all ranked similarly slightly below our top 2 recruits (Watson & Morrow) from last year and slightly above our bottom 2 recruits from last year - It is the 2nd best class in over 10 years only behind last years class. Seems far from "poor" as you stated being Miles' trend.

We will see how the "youth" perform on the court however Miles "trend" as you stated seem to not be relevant with NU recruiting.

Not sure there is anything that fits that description but that's because I'm not sure there's been two years past the one good year.

His first full class was 2013. Webster is solid. Leslee Smith was serviceable. Fuller and Hawkins haven't done much.

If you count White as part of the 2014 class, he was good but we only had him for one season so he didn't help much. Tarin Smith and Jake Hammond did basically nothing.

The 2015 class looks to be solid. Watson could be pretty good. I like Morrow, Jacobson and McVeigh and they'll be nice players but I'm not sure they're program-changers. And Evelyn is gone. If you put Gill in that class it should be a nice core group.

So I really don't see more than one good year. The 2014 class did about as little good as any class that you can have. And the 2013 class looks to have two solid role players but nothing more.

As you stated the early classes weren't much more than serviceable - agree. I believe Miles wasn't able to bring in good talent in the beginning so he went for short-term fixes that may bring W's and that happened. He then used the W's to build the 2014-2015 class - which should be considered the "good" class (though in terms of NU I would consider it way above good) that was referred to in the post above #4. The following class doesn't seem to be a drop off except for the size which is not controlled by Miles it is controlled by the spacing of upperclassmen and which year they graduate.

As you stated the early classes weren't much more than serviceable - agree. I believe Miles wasn't able to bring in good talent in the beginning so he went for short-term fixes that may bring W's and that happened. He then used the W's to build the 2014-2015 class - which should be considered the "good" class (though in terms of NU I would consider it way above good) that was referred to in the post above #4. The following class doesn't seem to be a drop off except for the size which is not controlled by Miles it is controlled by the spacing of upperclassmen and which year they graduate.

I really don't have any idea about his recruiting classes at other schools but that would seem to fit the pattern that was brought up - On good year and a couple bad ones.

This most recent class will likely hinge significantly on Tsshimanga. Not only is he the only real big on the roster, but even if Roby is a very good player, it's unlikely that he'll be an improvement over the wing play we've had recently.

But I would disagree that Miles didn't have control over the size of this most recent class. The steady stream of transfers that he has taken has inflated the number of upper-classmen on the roster leaving little room for incoming freshmen. And the problem is worse for the next class.

"would seem to fit the pattern that was brought up - One good year and a couple bad ones" isn't what was said

what was said was "one good class followed up by a couple poor ones". How is our current class poor? it is the second best class based on 247 player rankings in the last 10+ years with the only one better being the previous class of Miles. That gives us the best two classes in a row.... How is that poor?

You can say that about the transfers and some agree or disagree with the use of transfers, however we are very young with talent and adding some upperclassmen talent seems like a wise choice in this case. It also keeps us from having back to back classes with 5 guys which would seem to be a little unbalanced - I believe 3 or 4 a year is the norm.

"would seem to fit the pattern that was brought up - One good year and a couple bad ones" isn't what was said

what was said was "one good class followed up by a couple poor ones". How is our current class poor? it is the second best class based on 247 player rankings in the last 10+ years with the only one better being the previous class of Miles. That gives us the best two classes in a row.... How is that poor?

You can say that about the transfers and some agree or disagree with the use of transfers, however we are very young with talent and adding some upperclassmen talent seems like a wise choice in this case. It also keeps us from having back to back classes with 5 guys which would seem to be a little unbalanced - I believe 3 or 4 a year is the norm.

If you want to argue that the order has to specifically be good, bad, bad, I think you're missing the forest for the trees.

And I don't mind grabbing transfers. It's basically the norm in college basketball now-a-days. But your statement about Miles having no control over the smaller class sizes was demonstrably false. He could have chosen to not take any transfers and only take high school players.

If you want to argue that the order has to specifically be good, bad, bad, I think you're missing the forest for the trees.

And I don't mind grabbing transfers. It's basically the norm in college basketball now-a-days. But your statement about Miles having no control over the smaller class sizes was demonstrably false. He could have chosen to not take any transfers and only take high school players.

I'm arguing that he just went good good back to back years. I'm also saying that he took transfers to fill the gaps that needed to be filled. Yes he had control however the smaller class of 3 and having transfers were the better option. You are starting to crack me up with your desire to pick and choose small parts of peoples statements and using blurry vision to make them say things that weren't said.

I'm arguing that he just went good good back to back years. I'm also saying that he took transfers to fill the gaps that needed to be filled. Yes he had control however the smaller class of 3 and having transfers were the better option. You are starting to crack me up with your desire to pick and choose small parts of peoples statements and using blurry vision to make them say things that weren't said.

Of course you're saying he went good back to back years. You never say anything other than that and can't be disproved so far.

I'm not sure how much stock to put into the rankings. Of all the guys we've signed in the last four years who actually had a rating, every one except Tarin Smith and Jack McVeigh has been rated higher than Shavon Shields was. Unfortunately that didn't turn out to be anywhere close to reality. So I think I'll wait a year or two before I proclaim this years class a success or not.

Of his three full classes that we've been able to see on the college floor, one was pretty good, one was below average and one was terrible. Hopefully the future results will improve.

So what you are saying is that what was said in post #4 has no relevance to his time here at NU. The guys in the 2014-15 class "have not shown much to this point" should be expected since they were ALL freshman last year. They are the top class that NU has produced in over 10 years.

The three recruits for this class are all ranked similarly slightly below our top 2 recruits (Watson & Morrow) from last year and slightly above our bottom 2 recruits from last year - It is the 2nd best class in over 10 years only behind last years class. Seems far from "poor" as you stated being Miles' trend.

We will see how the "youth" perform on the court however Miles "trend" as you stated seem to not be relevant with NU recruiting.

Why do you think freshman not showing much should be expected, especially when they played as much as they did? These are supposed to be top players, right?

Anyway, time will tell just how good his classes are and if what I said comes true at NU. Rankings mean nothing, it is how they perform that matters.

You are looking at this from JUST recruiting aspect, when there could be more to it than just recruiting (bad years followed by one or two good years).