Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

http://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/big-12-bill-snyder-two-teams-want-back-in/

Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder told Heartland College Sports that he knows of teams who want to return to the Big 12 Conference Tuesday afternoon during breakout sessions.

“I may be wrong and other people may see it differently, but I don’t think anyone could be in a better situation than the teams we have in our conference,” Snyder said. “I’ll tell you what. There are teams that left our conference right now that wish they could get back in our conference.”

Snyder did not mention which schools want to rejoin, but he did respond to a follow-up question by saying “Two I know of”.

Would any of you want to go back to the Big 12?

• Fire 1

I have seen this discussed in other boards. Although the money, academic reputation, and national aura is nice in the Big Ten, I liked being in the Big 12 better. I just don't feel like Nebraska fits culturally with many Big Ten programs. This is especially true after the addition of Rutgers and Maryland.

I have an old soul, so I feel like the old Big 8 schools were a family. Yes, it was dysfunctional and they stabbed NU in the back in the mid-90s, but I still like those schools better than the Big Ten schools. I grew up thinking the Big Ten was a bunch of old curmudgeon schools, who played boring football, with gray college stadiums. I would rather make trips to KU, Oklahoma, Texas, and TCU than Michigan, Ohio State, or Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

I'm good with where we are. Plus there's too much money for us in the B1G to switch back at this point. It's surprising to me that 2 schools would want back in though. Who would that even be, Colorado and Misery?

I think it's just Snyder blowing smoke at this point. It could be fans, donors, or school associates for NU or Missouri who live in the area saying "I wish we were back in the Big 12, so we could play you every year again."

I doubt that there are Athletic Department officials or high-up school admins who are telling Snyder "can you get us back in the Big 12?"

I just don't feel like Nebraska fits culturally with many Big Ten programs.

I think Nebraska fits in better with fans/schools in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Minnesota than it does with the same in Missouri, Texas and Colorado.

I love the Big Ten. The Big XII was cool and all, but Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas were the only blue blood programs and everyone else was more often than not an absolute doormat. The B1G, in addition to the biggest fanbases, the biggest and most iconic stadiums, and the prestige, has Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State as the huge fish, and Wisconsin and Michigan State are both two really solid programs. The competitiveness is a blast.

Playing in crazy close games against Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU and PSU is so much more enjoyable to me than playing in shootouts or blowouts against Kansas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State (or whatever teams).

• Fire 5

I'm good with where we are. Plus there's too much money for us in the B1G to switch back at this point. It's surprising to me that 2 schools would want back in though. Who would that even be, Colorado and Misery?

TAMU is one of them I bet

TAMU is enjoying being in the SEC and out of UT's shadow.

Those are the only 3 that would make much sense to me if there's any truth to this