Timing of FNL

Does anyone know rule-wise, are we limited to a number of evening camps per year?

Also, I'm curious as to why NE had their's so early. Seems like many schools actually did theirs in the last week or two. My feelings swing from:

• Glad we do it early, better to analyze and offer prospects- get ahead of other teams
  • Why is the last feel for a college atmosphere going to be (insert college here)?
  • I suppose it's good to get exposure to NE and then get them back in the summer for another unofficial (i.e. Joeseph Lewis)
  • I guess you'd want one or two big, well attended camps vs. lots of little ones?

(See how I swing between thoughts on this?)

Does anyone know rule-wise, are we limited to a number of evening camps per year?

Also, I'm curious as to why NE had their's so early. Seems like many schools actually did theirs in the last week or two. My feelings swing from:

• Glad we do it early, better to analyze and offer prospects- get ahead of other teams
  • Why is the last feel for a college atmosphere going to be (insert college here)?
  • I suppose it's good to get exposure to NE and then get them back in the summer for another unofficial (i.e. Joeseph Lewis)
  • I guess you'd want one or two big, well attended camps vs. lots of little ones?

(See how I swing between thoughts on this?)

Since we're not as well known as the other big schools right now, having our FNL not compete with the other ones probably helps with kids' scheduling where to go. And I'd rather be first on the camps circuit and last on the visit schedule than the other way around.

I would guess it's mostly a preference thing for Riley and the coaches, and is probably how he's done it since being at OSU (haven't looked into it so can't confirm for sure). It gives the coaches time to take vacations and rest during the dead period rather than having to stay around and focus on recruiting and attending the camps.

Also, obviously the goal is to have recruits commit but I think one of the main goals of our FNL camps is to get recruits on campus and in the city so they can experience it for themselves, then set up official visits for later in the fall.