Broken Chair Trophy

Anybody know where the broken chair trophy is? I want to heist it, but it's a long drive from Minnesota to Lincoln if I get there and I can't find it.

We took it home with us last year, so probably somewhere in the football offices. Probably right next to the 5 NC trophies.

• Fire 1

Before we joined the B10 NU had one trophy that nobody knew about or cared about (Victory Bell with Missouri)

Now we have one trophy ($5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy) and two excuses for corporate sponsorship (Hero and Freedom) that nobody knows about or cares about

Before we joined the B10 NU had one trophy that nobody knew about or cared about (Victory Bell with Missouri)

Now we have one trophy ($5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy) and two excuses for corporate sponsorship (Hero and Freedom) that nobody knows about or cares about

I like the Minny trophy. It's genuine, and came about in a real creative way. The rivalry isn't there but the desire for the trophy could potentially spark one...
  • Fire 1

We still have it, though...

..With Nebraska's victory over Missouri in the final league meeting of these teams on October 30, 2010, Nebraska's Memorial Stadium became the apparent final home of the Victory Bell...
  • Fire 1

Really, the Victory Bell is pretty cool in the same way that the Broken-Bits-Of-Chair is cool. It started with vandalism (theft of a church bell), and is mounted to a ghetto-looking end-table:

5117750307_fe036ee45c.jpg

I think what really killed it was Nebraska winning/keeping it for 24 years straight in the 80's and 90's.

I like the Minny trophy. It's genuine, and came about in a real creative way. The rivalry isn't there but the desire for the trophy could potentially spark one...

Don't let these "old skoolers" fool you, since it is 3-2 since "THE" NU joined the B1G, I would consider it a rivalry. (AND for the ole' fogies, Minny leads lifetime 31-23-2, but those ole' fogies will say they aren't that old and only start counting from '63.)