A man you can bait with a Tweet

Fair is fair - the Donald is not wrong on this one.

I mean, yeah - he could have done more to get that stinkbomb of a bill passed, and he punted on any actual work to get that done, but Mitch had seven years and that's what he produced. This is a valid criticism.

• Fire 1

^^^ I agree --- 2 important observations: 1. Repubs had no genuine interest in R&R otherwise they would have had a bill in place and this would have been settled now. 2. Trump doesn't like to do the hard lifting just wants to take credit for passing R&R or point blame (which he is good at) towards others. I don't think he had a real interest to get it passed. He surely didn't become a student of the issue - his knowledge was only skin deep. Thus this leads me to point 3 - voters have been deceived by the congressional leadership and this president on the pretext of obtaining votes for election in exchange for R&R. Again - another 'plantation' wedge issue - keep red meat voters in line and gained many new ones in the pivotal swing states of WI, Mich, Penn. All lies in my opinion based on track record.

If we go back to 2010 when the Tea Party raised in power as a voting block (originally started as a reaction to the Bush bailouts, then add Obama bailouts and ACA pre 2010) the Repub establishment welcomed them as voters that ushered in a majority in the house and eventually the Senate but I don't think the establishment ever embraced the Tea Party issues (bank bailouts, corporate bailouts, ACA repeal, trillion $$ deficits). It will be interesting to see where these voters go in

• Fire 2

Trump ran into a problem in healthcare because his typical style of doing business didn't work. He generally shows up, slaps his name on something is gigantic gold letters, & gets paid big bucks in licensing fees.

It's a workless endeavor. You just leverage the money and fame you already have into people paying you more money.

That didn't work with the healthcare bill. McConnell failed and Trump contributed nothing, only trying to claim some credit by attaching his name post hoc to the GOP bills.

This is going to be his presidency. He's going to run around trying to take credit for the work of others and taking shots at them when they fail to give him something to sell.

• Fire 2

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/09/sean-hannity-tweets-mitch-mcconnell-241433

I had to re-read this story and headline a few times before realizing what had happened.

Hannity sent that attack ("YOU are a WEAK, SPINELESS leader") first at 11pm on Tuesday. This was 8 hours after his averred disavowal of 'petty political disagreements'.

Having realized this, he then deleted the tweet. And re-posted the same tweet at 5:30 AM on Wednesday, once his 12-hour moment of silence period had passed. This in itself is, of course, ridiculous. Sean Hannity has no shame. But there's more...

The remaining tweets within that 12-hour period, in which Hannity functions as the Fox avatar that he is, include two tweets pumping up a new Hillary Clinton/Loretta Lynch story Fox is trying to push, and eight tweets hawking conservative talking heads from Newt Gingrich to David Clarke hyping the North Korea threat and our glorious President Trump's muscular response. Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulow is featured in both of those themes.

Just so we're all clear on what "stopping all petty political disagreements" meant.

• Fire 3