A man you can bait with a Tweet

15 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

This is amazing.  Gee I wonder where Trump is getting his impartial news?

Full Story:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40969475

Historians and fact checkers say there is no truth to it.

The myth, which has circulated online, refers to General John Pershing's actions during the US war in the Philippines in the early 1900s.

He is said to have rounded up 50 terrorists and then ordered his men to shoot 49 of them, using bullets dipped in pig's blood. The survivor was told to go back and tell his people what happened.

Pigs are considered ritually unclean in Islam, and in his tweet the president said the general's actions acted as a deterrent to further acts of terror.

• Plus1 1

Snopes has an extensive explanation of the background of this pigs/Islamic Terror myth:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

I liked these lines:

[...] the desire for simplistic solutions to complex problems has spawned several widely-circulated notions that seek to transform a fight against terrorism to the easily-manageable level of a horror film or a comic strip. One popular notion is the concept that a pig is to a Muslim as a crucifix is to a vampire: simply arm yourself with a porker, [...]

[...] messages such as the ones quoted above could be considered as silly as Muslims’ proclaiming that a good way to throw the U.S. into disarray would be to “bomb” America with juicy steaks on Fridays, [...]

• Plus1 1

IF General Pershing had ordered such a massacre, it would be considered a War Crime and he would be subject to prosecution.  Trump is proffering a myth that is potentially highly damaging to the legacy of one of America's greatest Generals, all because someone's grandma forwarded an email. 

• Plus1 4

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And....once again... promoting America commit war crimes.

He's such a peach.

what hate group was it that trump recently tried to deflect criticism from that was also guilty of war crimes?    let me think and see if i can recall who that was......