A man you can bait with a Tweet

Propaganda 101

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nikita-khrushchevs-granddaughter-trump-uses-fake-news-like-stalin-used-enemies-of-the-people/article/2637166

The granddaughter of former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev warned Wednesday that President Trump's remark about TV stations losing their licenses is authoritarian and compared his use of the term "fake news" to the dictator Joseph Stalin.

"Here, President Trump defined 'fake news' the way Joseph Stalin defined 'enemies of the people': if they offer a slightest objection to his rule they must be wrong. And they must be silenced," New School international affairs professor Nina Khrushcheva told the Washington Examiner.

In a Wednesday tweet, Trump said: "With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

When will the madness end? 

Robert Reich posted this ... found it interested, and yet there are no answers.

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress. 

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump? 

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there. 

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close. 

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous. 

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they? 

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others. 

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally. 

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up. 

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party. 

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything. 

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set. 

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far? 

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party? 

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in s#!t up to our eyeballs with this guy.

• Plus1 1

I've been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't consumed any significant amount of media, let alone stopped in to visit P&R. You really do begin to lose sight, as much as one can, of just how big of a piece of s#!t this guy is. He does seem like a sane person if you just get a few reasonable sound clips every now and again.

• Plus1 1

ZRod- you're forgetting these people can't vote for him, and are brown.  AND are pushing back on his bs on an international screen.  We would be wasting our resources on them.  They are lazy, expect everything to be done for them, they let their public utilities get degraded, they got into debt.  They got their paper towels from him last week, what more do they expect?  

Note - we will not be pulling FEMA from Texas or Florida.

15 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Robert Reich posted this ... found it interested, and yet there are no answers.

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress. 

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump? 

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there. 

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close. 

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous. 

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they? 

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others. 

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally. 

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up. 

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party. 

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything. 

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set. 

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far? 

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party? 

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in s#!t up to our eyeballs with this guy.

Based on the things I've high lighted in bold, it time for Congress and those in the Admin who know the right thing to do - to do the right thing. To enact Amendment 25 action.  It is a dereliction of their duty not to do so. As much as I would like tax reform, infrastructure repair, and revision of ACA, these things should not take president over leaving someone in office who can and will damage our nation and world beyond measure.   If these guys have a soul and courage they will act regardless of party. If the members of Congress are all fired up as this conversation notes, there is no excuse from taking action.   The bold has some pretty 'scary' statements.  Trump could also create the circumstances for a national emergency in which he as the chief executive could suspend  Constitutional rights etc ( National Emergencies Act).

• Plus1 3