A man you can bait with a Tweet

5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Hmmmm - I also bet he believes in UFO's.

He needs a FIFY here:

I think he might be worried about the tax bill going through ...

Dang, Fox & Friends has him really engaged this morning!

That last tweet about the Chinese Envoy having little impact on LRM has me very concerned.  I see that as an open door or invitation for Trump to launch a per-emptive strike on NK.  In other words, in his sicko mind, it sets him up for grandeur - coming to the rescue of all nations where others have failed.  He'll take it into his own hands and deal wt NK.

I don't know where to post this; it's probably appropriate to every thread.

But we've now spent an entire year arguing that Donald Trump's words and behavior cannot and should not be normalized. 

And as we steam into 2018, it's all been totally normalized. And that includes the deserved but predictable outrage we vent on social media and message boards that delivers virtually zero consequences to either the President, or the GOP — which is doing some truly terrible things under the cover of his chaos.

2018 is an election year. There's a ray of hope in that.

But it's really hard not to be depressed.

• Plus1 3

To my post above about NK I add this link.  I wonder how we will 'utterly destroy' them?  Use a Nuke??
https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Koreas-Tensions/2017/11/30/id/828950/

The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said Wednesday that North Korea's launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile — which some observers believe could reach the Eastern U.S. — "brings us closer" to a war the U.S. isn't seeking.

Nikki Haley, speaking at an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council, said that if war comes as a result of further acts of "aggression" like the latest launch, "make no mistake the North Korean regime will be utterly destroyed."

"The dictator of North Korea made a decision yesterday that brings us closer to war, not farther from it," Haley said. "We have never sought war with North Korea and still today we do not seek it."

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know where to post this; it's probably appropriate to every thread.

But we've now spent an entire year arguing that Donald Trump's words and behavior cannot and should not be normalized. 

And as we steam into 2018, it's all been totally normalized. And that includes the deserved but predictable outrage we vent on social media and message boards that delivers virtually zero consequences to either the President, or the GOP — which is doing some truly terrible things under the cover of his chaos.

2018 is an election year. There's a ray of hope in that.

But it's really hard not to be depressed.

Yes,  if the Dems can run a decent candidate in my district - good chance that is where I'm going to vote (or any independent/3rd party candidate)just to send a message if anything as the Republican candidates will easily win my very red district.  But can the Repubs in Congress connect the dots to DT??  Of course if the repubs loose the house and/or senate the message will be sent.  DT may say that the voters voted against an ineffective congress - he will never see himself as the blame for the congressional change.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Roger Stone floated the idea that Trump might have dementia a few months ago. Seemed like he was setting up the incompetence/insanity defense for Trump.

Joe Scarborough says he was told the same *by Trump's people.* Of coures, he surrounds himself by some very dishonest people, so who's to say if that's just a smokescreen or something...

On another note, man this is depressing. One year later:

• Plus1 1

Between Frost watch and Trump twitter is going to be smoking today!  

5 tweets this morning about the FBI - think he's wound tight about the stuff that is coming out?  We must keep our eyes on him and his attempts to undermine the DOJ - would not be surprising if he tried to make some nutball moves.

51 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Between Frost watch and Trump twitter is going to be smoking today!  

5 tweets this morning about the FBI - think he's wound tight about the stuff that is coming out?  We must keep our eyes on him and his attempts to undermine the DOJ - would not be surprising if he tried to make some nutball moves.

i fully expect at least an attempt at a night of the long knives soon.   the far right propaganda is urging it on with a vengeance.

• Plus1 1