A man you can bait with a Tweet

how long till we get a tweet from mueller

not so lightweight president donald trump, a total flunky for putin and someone who would come to my office "begging" for the investigation to stop (and would say anything for that) is now in the ring fighting against the United States.   very disloyal & crooked

• Plus1 3

23 hours ago, Whistlebritches said:

I hope I don't ever get used to the idea of a POTUS tweeting things like this. It's so weird and unbecoming of the highest elected person in the country.

Yes I agree 100%.  The guy is an embarrassment.  One does not have to agree with the person in the WH politically to respect the person and the position.  However in this case, he has lost all respect  and  is not deserving of the respect due to the office.

A quote from US Today via Newsmax agrees - Some very strong words.  Got to be someway to remove this guy.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/usa-today-rips-trump-unfit/2017/12/13/id/831466/

USA Today: Trump Unfit to 'Shine George W. Bush's Shoes'

"With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office," the newspaper said in an editorial posted on its website Tuesday night. "Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low."

"And as is the case with all of Trump's digital provocations, the president's words were deliberate," the paper said. "He pours the gasoline of sexist language and lights the match gleefully knowing how it will burst into flame in a country reeling from the #MeToo moment.

"A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush."

The newspaper said both Bush and Obama broke promises and told untruths. However, it maintained "the basic decency of each man was never in doubt."

"Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed."

Edited by TGHusker
32 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

To be fair, the write-in votes were 1.7% of the votes, the same as the margin that Jones won by, so the write-ins did play a very big factor.

I understand - my point (though very unclear) was that Donald will always blame others.  The candidate he supported was a child molester.  His buddy sessions won 90% of the vote (saw this somewhere - no 100% sure its true) in the last election.  The state is a GOP layup, and this was so bad they lost.  I'd be more concerned about the 40+% that left the GOP to vote across party lines than the 1.7%.

Edited by NM11046

23 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I understand - my point (though very unclear) was that Donald will always blame others.  The candidate he supported was a child molester.  His buddy sessions won 90% of the vote (saw this somewhere - no 100% sure its true) in the last election.  The state is a GOP layup, and this was so bad they lost.  I'd be more concerned about the 40+% that left the GOP to vote across party lines than the 1.7%.

I hear what you're saying, but the tweet you posted might be the most respectable one Trump has ever made.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Sessions won 97+% of the vote for reelection in 2014 because he ran unopposed.

@RedDenver I'm inclined to agree with that but I'm fairly sure a staffer sent that 10:08 PM tweet out and not him. It lacks the characteristic Trump syntax present in the morning tweets.

Also, he tagged Fox & Friends while complaining about how much of a joke the media has become. I'm sure the irony escapes him.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I hear what you're saying, but the tweet you posted might be the most respectable one Trump has ever made.

I'll give ya that - then I'll raise you the one that HE actually wrote this morning: 

You're totally right that these are nothing compared to his typical fare, I guess I just lock into the narcism that appears each time he types for himself.  He may have endorsed a candidate that lost, but he knew from the very beginning the guy wouldn't win.  

2 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

Sessions won 97+% of the vote for reelection in 2014 because he ran unopposed.

@RedDenver I'm inclined to agree with that but I'm fairly sure a staffer sent that 10:08 PM tweet out and not him. It lacks the characteristic Trump syntax present in the morning tweets.

Also, he tagged Fox & Friends while complaining about how much of a joke the media has become. I'm sure the irony escapes him.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I'll give ya that - then I'll raise you the one that HE actually wrote this morning: 

You're totally right that these are nothing compared to his typical fare, I guess I just lock into the narcism that appears each time he types for himself.  He may have endorsed a candidate that lost, but he knew from the very beginning the guy wouldn't win.  

Yeah, the reasonable tweet congratulating Jones was probably a staffer and not Trump.

Cray cray.

There are a few adults who took their jobs with the White House because either a) you don't pass up the chance to work for the President of the United States, and/or b) they know what they're doing and genuinely want to help.

Some day they will be telling the true stories here, and they will be doozies. 

Omarosa isn't one of them. She may tell her story, and it may be damning, but she's an awful person several leagues out of her depth. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Cray cray.

There are a few adults who took their jobs with the White House because either a) you don't pass up the chance to work for the President of the United States, and/or b) they know what they're doing and genuinely want to help.

Some day they will be telling the true stories here, and they will be doozies. 

Omarosa isn't one of them. She may tell her story, and it may be damning, but she's an awful person several leagues out of her depth. 

Why is she an awful person?  I truly know nothing about her.

Well she became famous by portraying an awful person on The Apprentice, which was likely the real her but also played up for reality show drama. 

She used her fame as a patronizing, polarizing, incredibly entitled celebrity to hold jobs that were outside her skillset, and parlayed her loyalty to Trump into a White House job, where she did little beyond being one of the few black people he could point to during one of his racist missteps. Out-of-her-league but still acting entitled, Omarosa apparently rubbed her much more experienced colleagues the wrong way, and ignored all sorts of White House protocols, including bringing her entire wedding party to the Rose Garden without permission. 

She famously said this back in 2011, and while she gets points for her prescience, it also confirms her vindictive leanings:

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,” she said. "It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”