A man you can bait with a Tweet

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, it is disingenuous....just like Democrats now complaining because a Republican is including women and minorities. 

I mean, there are certainly other reasons to oppose Haspel's nomination. I just took it as NM's intrinsic cringe factor at Trump touting nominating a woman.

For the record, Trump can nominate all the women he wants. It shouldn't affect their consideration. Nor does it change how poorly the GOP serves women.

• Plus1 2

This ^^^  I read it as Don looking for extra kudos for nominating a woman.  Any time I see race/religion/sexual preference etc called out it screams at me.  When Bolton was nominated was it a "White" man or a "man"?  No.  When it's white men they're just called men.  If it's a woman that's called out, if one is gay or a person of color forget about it.

10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

This ^^^  I read it as Don looking for extra kudos for nominating a woman.  Any time I see race/religion/sexual preference etc called out it screams at me.  When Bolton was nominated was it a "White" man or a "man"?  No.  When it's white men they're just called men.  If it's a woman that's called out, if one is gay or a person of color forget about it.

So....Democrats should have never made such a big deal about Obama being the first black President. 

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....Democrats should have never made such a big deal about Obama being the first black President. 

I mean, as an institution, maybe not? You ask most black people, and it was a pretty big deal to them.

You're right, in one sense. One of my criticisms of this administration is how little diversity it has. That was not a problem for the Obama administration because they made a conscious effort to increase diversity. I'm of the opinion the Trump administration includes people like Ben Carson or Nikki Haley or Gina Haspel as token efforts at diversity. But that is my opinion. I could be mistaken. It's merely the one I arrived at after watching the things Donald Trump says & how he behaves with regard to minorities & women.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Little dude is all worked up about an informant from his campaign, and in true Donnie fashion has escalated in his mind into an FBI plant rather than a member of his staff that was so alarmed at the goings on that they went to the FBI to share the info.