A man you can bait with a Tweet

Nah...just tired of the Hollywood elite...like they think their words carry any more weight than yours or mine.

I guess I am not in the same mind frame that the Gov't is going to be rounding up legal, documented, immigrants and shipping them back to their originating country. Does that make me naive?

To your first sentence..... well. They do. That's true of anyone with a platform.

To the second sentence, that's not what anyone is implying or saying. There's a huge gap and window for oppression/discrimination available between equality and shipping away legal immigrants.

*Footnote to the first part. That's doesn't mean their words shouldn't be evaluated and analyzed any more or less than another person's.

Agreed.

Last night when that news broke, I was seeing people saying "Rich celebrities should just stay out of politics!" I just wanted to go to bed after reading that.

Had a hard time getting to bed, though. I was getting crushed under a massive pile of irony.

• Fire 1

Nah...just tired of the Hollywood elite...like they think their words carry any more weight than yours or mine.

I guess I am not in the same mind frame that the Gov't is going to be rounding up legal, documented, immigrants and shipping them back to their originating country. Does that make me naive?

I would argue this is *exactly* missing the point:

Her purpose was to dispel the idea that Hollywood was La La Land: a cloud of élites cut off from the real America that had elected Trump. Who are we, and what is Hollywood anyway? Its just a bunch of people from other places, she said, pointing out the divergent backgrounds of the nominees, from Amy Adams to Dev Patel. An actors only job, she continued, is to enter the lives of people who are different from us, and let you feel what that feels like.

Empathy has been at the heart of Streeps world view, and of her craft. With that in mind, she pivoted to a performance that had unnerved her: Trumps mocking imitation of a disabled reporter during the campaign.

I'd welcome anyone to try and defend a position that insists Trump will in fact run an empathetic administration devoted to carrying on America's lofty ideals and tradition of multiculturalism. Given that the man has made his political fortune out of casting and vilifying outsiders, I would guess that there won't be takers on this. (That such a notion could ever be confused for being "American"...)

The more limited thesis presented -- "As long as the government isn't rounding up and deporting legal immigrants, such criticisms are unmerited" -- still deserves scrutiny. It's a stance that is tepid at best, if not hostile outright to affirming diversity. You're all welcome, too, to defend this as a reasonable position to stake out, and there we'd have to simply agree to disagree.

I would argue this is *exactly* missing the point:

Her purpose was to dispel the idea that Hollywood was La La Land: a cloud of élites cut off from the real America that had elected Trump. Who are we, and what is Hollywood anyway? Its just a bunch of people from other places, she said, pointing out the divergent backgrounds of the nominees, from Amy Adams to Dev Patel. An actors only job, she continued, is to enter the lives of people who are different from us, and let you feel what that feels like.

Empathy has been at the heart of Streeps world view, and of her craft. With that in mind, she pivoted to a performance that had unnerved her: Trumps mocking imitation of a disabled reporter during the campaign.

I'd welcome anyone to try and defend a position that insists Trump will in fact run an empathetic administration devoted to carrying on America's lofty ideals and tradition of multiculturalism. Given that the man has made his political fortune out of casting and vilifying outsiders, I would guess that there won't be takers on this. (That such a notion could ever be confused for being "American"...)

The more limited thesis presented -- "As long as the government isn't rounding up and deporting legal immigrants, such criticisms are unmerited" -- still deserves scrutiny. It's a stance that is tepid at best, if not hostile outright to affirming diversity. You're all welcome, too, to defend this as a reasonable position to stake out, and there we'd have to simply agree to disagree.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Wait...you guys and gals are not saying that it is wrong to change your mind?

At one time I thought Van Damm was one of the best actors ever. I thought Segal was AMAZING...I thought that Ratt and Dokken were pretty much the best bands ever...I thought that the grunge look was the best thing ever.

People change their minds for lots of reasons...

Other things I loved and don't anymore"

Chris Rock

Tupac Sightings

Being "Carb free"

Godfathers Pizza

Taco Johns

BigRedBoard.com

Owning a house

Cold weather

The Office TV Show

Pick Up Basketball Games

Shaving my chest (kidding, I still love it)

John Groce

Bo Pelini

Fire Pits

Fireball

Fake Fireball

Working out

Yahoo Mail

The Simpsons (I still like it, I don't love it)

I can't stop!

Jean shorts

White socks

Those Sad Dog commercials

Nickleback

50 Cent

MTV

VH1

• Fire 2

Did you ever tweet about any of these things profusely praising how fantastic they were? Did you only start disliking them when they didn't work out for you?

Of course! And I told my friends I loved certain things only to tell them I hated them later on for various different reasons. I have told my family that I loved things and then later changed my mind...we all have...all the time.

sh#t, I swore up and down I would always wear a jean jacket with patches from metal bands on it!

I swore up and down to all my friends that Bo was the best coach that NU could ever hire...now I can't stand the hire!

I have emails after email with other friends and coaches how the 5-2 would be all I ever run on defense and how all the other D's sucked...only now to have totally abandoned it.

And yes...once things start not working out for me, I hate them. I loved my new house...I bragged about what a great deal I got...Now I hate it and you can ask ColoradoHusker...I loathe it!