UT to B1G? According to this talks have happened..

Hearing more talks have happened to bring OU and UT into the Big Ten, take with many grains of salt though...

Link?
Mentioned on Shaggy, word was coming from OrangeBloods and I don't think they are very reputable.
heard it mentioned on LT as well

Reddit mentioned something about this as well. Oklahoma and Texass to the B1G would be a huge boon, provided Texass is kept from trying to overtake the conference. Plus, with Fox and ESPN not really being too keen on the Big XII expansion that's proposed (keep hearing it's vacillating between a firm 'no' to 'well, two schools are okay', depending on network), no expansion of the Big XII GOR, and the fact that Nebraska may end up making almost 50% more than Oklahoma annually when our part kicks in in 2017...

Something else to think about: with Delaney stepping down, and considering how the vermin in Austin like to play political games to win on the field, I wouldn't doubt that Texass sees this change as a power grab opportunity for their school... <_<

The LHN is terrible. There's no reason to even have it. Not even because it's Texas. The concept of a one school network just can't be lucrative at least not so much that it's worth to keep around when comparing to the benefits of joining the B10.

There will likely be 6 or so years left on the contract--I think ESPN and Texass could settle on an amount to kill the channel and both parties walk away.

And don't forget that Bevo TV is a huge weight around the neck of ESPN (and Disney)--Bevo TV could be a done deal well (read: ESPN buying out the contract and taking a powder that fiscal year on the loss) before any potential B1G flirtation by Texass.

Really hope UT and OU go to the Big10.

Really makes the West Division freaking awesome. Nebraska would get Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Texas on a yearly basis. Plus 2 new ones from the other side every two years.

Could you imagine a schedule where you get those 7 listed above, and then Michigan/OSU/PSU/MSU as one rotational. PLUS a marquee OOC game or even a couple?

Really makes the West Division freaking awesome. Nebraska would get Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Texas on a yearly basis. Plus 2 new ones from the other side every two years.

Could you imagine a schedule where you get those 7 listed above, and then Michigan/OSU/PSU/MSU as one rotational. PLUS a marquee OOC game or even a couple?

First time I've ever agreed with you. That would be incredible. Been preaching that for a while now. Man, what a home schedule we would have every year.

Away: Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Mich

Home: Iowa, Oklahoma, NW, Illinois, B10

Then flip it every year, plus our OOC game(s).

Hot diggity.

Given our bad experience with UT in the past, I would not want them to follow us to the Big Ten no matter what they might bring to the table from a football perspective. I know Delaney would love to get the Texas market though. If I had to pick, I would take Kansas and Oklahoma as you would get the KC and OKC markets. You have to remember the BIG is a huge basketball conference too, so Kansas and Oklahoma would both add to that. Having Kansas in football would add a nice winnable game compared to a pretty stacked league. :)

Given our bad experience with UT in the past, I would not want them to follow us to the Big Ten no matter what they might bring to the table from a football perspective. I know Delaney would love to get the Texas market though. If I had to pick, I would take Kansas and Oklahoma as you would get the KC and OKC markets. You have to remember the BIG is a huge basketball conference too, so Kansas and Oklahoma would both add to that. Having Kansas in football would add a nice winnable game compared to a pretty stacked league. :)

I'm sorry but Kansas adds ZERO in anything except BBall. Texas adds in EVERYTHING. It's a no brainer.

Agree that FB is much bigger then BB, however either team with the addition of OU would put us more in the middle of the western division and would be great for recruiting - with that said there are more recruits in Texas then in Kansas. Something tells me if UT joins the Big10 we would see a shift from UT owning us in FB.

I'm sorry but Kansas adds ZERO in anything except BBall. Texas adds in EVERYTHING. It's a no brainer.

Kansas not only adds Basketball, it adds a PATSY for Nebraska and Wisconsin and sometimes Iowa on a yearly basis. Plus they don't come with the migraine that is trying to make Texas happy.

With 16 teams I doubt that we stick with only two divisions. Pods make way more sense. A west pod with NU, OU, TX, and IA would be crazy. Crazy bad for Iowa

Wrong. With the 9 game conf schedule it actually makes more sense to have 2 divisions because you get 7 game in division and 2 rotational games from the other side.

Pods are cool but don't make as much sense.

With 16 teams I doubt that we stick with only two divisions. Pods make way more sense. A west pod with NU, OU, TX, and IA would be crazy. Crazy bad for Iowa

Wrong. With the 9 game conf schedule it actually makes more sense to have 2 divisions because you get 7 game in division and 2 rotational games from the other side.

Pods are cool but don't make as much sense.

Wrong. With two 8-team divisions it takes four seasons to play everyone. With 4-team pods you can play everyone in two seasons.

• Fire 1