UT to B1G? According to this talks have happened..

MattyIce, I presume you're referring to these articles?:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17612297/where-do-things-stand-big-12-expansion-talks

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Source-tells-ESPN-Big-12-could-be-close-to-the-end-47692920

Yeah, that's been the rub with Big XII expansion, that they need to get eight or more votes out of 10, and we already know that Oklahoma is most likely to vote no for the whole bunch, and Texass is going to turn their nose up at just about all of the candidates as well.

Also, as I mentioned before, the GOR isn't going to be extended. So even if they invited all 11 candidates, it doesn't matter, because the two principal actors in this whole thing (Oklahoma and Texass) aren't signing the GOR because they've got plans to leave as soon as it expires (or sooner, if they can get out of the GOR for cheap).

So far, neither Texas nor Oklahoma has indicated it would agree to a grant of rights extension under any scenario. Without the extension, the clock will continue to tick on the Big 12, regardless of whether it expands or not, as the Longhorns and Sooners will be free to leave for greener pastures when the rights expire.
"If the two parents don't commit [to signing the extension]," said one industry source, "what does that tell you?"

It tells us a lot, actually.

-----

As for conference additions, I'd say you could see the following realistically happen (with my personal percentage of likelihood they would be picked up by that conference):

• B1G: Texass (75%), Oklahoma (85%), Kansas (25%)
  • Pac-12: Texass (25%), Oklahoma (15%), Texas Tech (15%), Okie Lite (10%)
  • SEC: TCU (65%), Kansas State (60%), Okie Lite (35%), Oklahoma (15%), Kansas (15%)
  • ACC: West Virginia (75%)
  • Mountain West: Baylor (75%), Texas Tech (75%), Okie Lite (75%), TCU (50%), Kansas State (50%), Iowa State (50%), Kansas (40%)
  • AAC: Iowa State (75%), Baylor (50%), Kansas State (50%), Okie Lite (25%), Texas Tech (25%), Kansas (15%), TCU (10%)

B1G: We know that if either Texass and/or Oklahoma show up, they're getting in. But if one of them decides to go elsewhere (Texass to Pac-12, Oklahoma to Pac-12/SEC), then Kansas would be next in the pecking order because of Basketball (it's what matters next after football is exhausted, and Delaney is a former NCAA Basketball player, has aspirations for B1G BBall dominance, etc.)

Pac-12: We know they've vetted Oklahoma, Okie Lite, Texas Tech, and Texass when they were going to go west all those years ago. Realistically, Texass may choose them over the B1G, which means they need a moving buddy (likely Tech) unless the Pac-12 decides to pick up one of their own (e.g. Nevada). Okie Lite really doesn't move the meter for anyone since they're a small school, small viewership, no pedigree, and no one gives a **** about them except when they're beating Texass and Oklahoma.

SEC: Oklahoma fans want to go to the SEC (mainly because their fans are morons), but this runs against what their administration wants to do (read: improve OU's academic cache with a conference move), and the SEC is known more for groundbreaking paper mills than groundbreaking research papers. TCU would be welcome, though, as it gives aTm a rival, gives the SEC the DFW market, and they've been stable and competent. Okie Lite is only on there if Oklahoma goes to the SEC (read: moving buddy), and Kansas State/Kansas will both get looks because the SEC needs to throw Mizzery a bone at some point.

ACC: West Virginia is the only school they'll realistically look at unless they get some grand Napoleonic idea to poach SEC schools and move west, which won't happen. WVU could be paired up with a moving buddy (UConn, for example) that would work well.

Mountain West, AAC, C-USA, Sun Belt: The MWC will get first crack at the top teams, as they're the conference most likely to get the former Big XII's seat at the P5 table. Whatever they don't take (e.g. Baylor, who is more scandal-ridden than a bible-thumping Republican in Texas), will likely fall into the AAC's lap, then the C-USA, then the Sun Belt will pick up the rest. I really don't see the MAC coming into play here, to be honest, but stranger things have happened. :dunno

Of note: Iowa State will be the last picked, and will likely be a C-USA or Sun Belt team that we'll be able to schedule during non-con for a sure win. Okie Lite will probably be second-to-last picked if they aren't given a lifeline by another school, then Texas Tech. I doubt we'll see any of the other seven schools fall this far down and be available.

• Fire 2

With 16 teams I doubt that we stick with only two divisions. Pods make way more sense. A west pod with NU, OU, TX, and IA would be crazy. Crazy bad for Iowa

Wrong. With the 9 game conf schedule it actually makes more sense to have 2 divisions because you get 7 game in division and 2 rotational games from the other side.

Pods are cool but don't make as much sense.

Wrong. With two 8-team divisions it takes four seasons to play everyone. With 4-team pods you can play everyone in two seasons.

Yes, but it doesn't need to be that way.

I actually hate the pods idea.

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Iowa

Wisconsin

Illinois

Minnesota

Purdue

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Michigan State

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

Northwestern

Every 4 years you play everyone.

It wouldn't be every 4 would it? You have to play 2 from the other side twice (home and away), so I think it would be 8 years?

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Iowa

Wisconsin

Illinois

Minnesota

Purdue

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Michigan State

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

Northwestern

It wouldn't be every 4 would it? You have to play 2 from the other side twice (home and away), so I think it would be 8 years?

You could either set it up to run through the other schools in four years (best option), with Home-and-home completed in eight years, or set it up for four schools to get home-and-home over four years, then the next four schools the next four years, so on and so forth.

Also, if you want a laugh, go read the zombie-like thread on Shaggy Bevo about realignment, and how Texass fans are trying to justify away not signing the GOR.

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Iowa

Wisconsin

Illinois

Minnesota

Purdue

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Michigan State

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

Northwestern

You could set it up like the NFL, where the teams rotate through the opposite conference divisions. They don't do the home and home thing for 2 straight years, they will play an opposite conference team at home in year 1, and then play that team on the road in year 5.

So, you rotate through the entire conference once every 4 years, but only see them at home every 8 years.