UT to B1G? According to this talks have happened..

Delany says Big Ten not actively looking to expand. "We aren't in the drama business." #Huskers

That doesn't mean anything. Or have we already forgotten the denials about the B1G offices and Nebraska meeting? Or the B1G and other schools in the Big XII (since there was that five team plan per the OWH)?

Also, saw this piece from Dennis Dodd from the other day:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-expansion-losing-momentum-no-grant-of-rights-extension-ranking-candidates/

Of note was the confirmation that the GORs would not be extended. This is pretty much a tacit confirmation that Texass and/or OU are wanting out by the conference...and honestly, it may not be *THAT* bad for the Big XII if one or both left.

If anything, they could expand now by four schools, give Texass and/or OU their exit, then expand the GOR, lock in a favorable TV deal with the networks, and confirm P5 status as a conference.

Sure it won't have Texass, but a Big XII with Texas, Kansas (read: Kansas City), and depending on expansion, Colorado, would garner them a good deal--better than being relegated to the non-P5 table.

If anything, they could expand now by four schools, give Texass and/or OU their exit, then expand the GOR, lock in a favorable TV deal with the networks, and confirm P5 status as a conference.

I think that in this scenario the P5 becomes the P4, and the Big XII becomes the strongest "Group of 6" Conference (assuming they can grab some decent teams to add from Mt West and CUSA). Ala the AAC.

Colorado?

Right when they are getting better because of their west coast exposure?

I can't imagine Colorado leaving the Pac12. Its just such a good fit.

Footprint, not school

Thank you. Should have elaborated we're talking markets here, not schools.

I think that in this scenario the P5 becomes the P4, and the Big XII becomes the strongest "Group of 6" Conference (assuming they can grab some decent teams to add from Mt West and CUSA). Ala the AAC.

Possibly, or they keep the Big XII and add another conference (Mountain West) when (not if) they expand the playoffs. Eight slots, six automatic and two wild card.

TCU

Texas Tech

Baylor

Kansas State

Iowa State

Oklahoma State

Houston

SMU

Boise State

BYU

Nevada

Colorado State

Air Force

San Diego State

Fresno State

Wyoming

There ya go. That's the conference that needs to form if KU, UT and OU leave. West Virginia is out because they should seriosly make the jump to the ACC.

I absolutely hate Texas. But if Oklahoma came with them to the Big Ten I would be excited. Real rivals every year! A respected one and a deep rooted hated one. Would also even out east v west perception.

I don't think Texas would be able to push around in the Big Ten

Which is why Texass will not join the B1G

I absolutely hate Texas. But if Oklahoma came with them to the Big Ten I would be excited. Real rivals every year! A respected one and a deep rooted hated one. Would also even out east v west perception.

I don't think Texas would be able to push around in the Big Ten

Which is why Texass will not join the B1G

They may not have much of a choice, especially since their brand cache is in the s*****r right now, relatively speaking.

Their options are:

• Stay in a Big XII that we know will either be picked clean by other conferences or add so much filler it's gonna look like Mountain West 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • Go to the Pac 12, where they'll let Texass keep their crappy ESPN channel, but no one will watch their games in the rest of the United States.
  • Go to the SEC, where their academic credentials will wither away while they get blasted on a weekly basis by the likes of 'Bama, Tennessee, and aTm (who may not even allow them entrance in the first place per the SEC's unwritten rule of allowing existing in-state SEC schools first denial)
  • Go to the B1G, give up or repurpose their network (likely the later) and improve their academic cache while being seen nationwide and automatically have a leg up via Texass recruiting on the rest of the conference. We know that the BTN is wanting to own more of its programming, and having a BTN 2 (not just an overflow channel) on ESPN would be a great way to counter the SEC spin, show more B1G live content, and recycle *some* of the infrastructure already in place for Bevo TV.

Frankly, Texass and Oklahoma are f****d with the status quo, and the Big XII will continue to fall behind the other P5 conferences to the point they become a weigh station between the P5 and non-automatic qualifier conferences.

But the fact that Texass and Oklahoma (and supposedly Kansas too) won't re-up on the GOR tells you they've already got designs to leave.

Osborne was around for the Big 12 formation in the 90's. Pretty sure he was the only-if not very few-that were in our Ath offices in 2010. I dont think the big ten move happens-or even goes as smooth, without Osborne. His experience in the 90's i think was a big part. 20 years from now, when TO is gone and we're all looking back at history in that current environment of college athletics with where it appears to be heading, that move will be seen as a bigger accomplishment possibly than the 90's run.

• Fire 1