UT to B1G? According to this talks have happened..

From the looks of things, the Big XII was probably going to expand by two (Houston and BYU), but the latter school wouldn't amend their Code of Conduct or drop the no-Sunday requirement, which killed their chances and this whole process. But hey, at least Tom Herman will be on the market, unless Houston can lobby a P4 conference to take them (removed a P for obvious reasons).

So now what we'll have for the next couple of years is a guessing game as to where OU, Texass and certain other schools (read: Kansas, TCU) end up. As long as the B1G gets Oklahoma, I'll be happy. If they get Oklahoma and Kansas, I'll be ecstatic. If they get Oklahoma and Texass...well...

• Fire 1

The Big Ten should take Oklahoma and Houston. Neither are AAU schools but both want to be, and Houston may be closer than the Sooners. In the realignment end game, academic standing won't be as much of a factor since the available pool of teams is so much smaller.

Oklahoma is another national brand that can anchor the West.

Houston is a rising school both academically and athletically, and would get the Big Ten a recruiting foothold in Texas without having to deal with the Longhorns and their baggage.

• Fire 1

The GOR is an agreement with the conference. If the conference agrees to disband, there's no entity holding that GOR and the teams are free to go. It's possible the Big XII members could mutually agree to disband, but it's highly unlikely. Teams like Iowa State, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and TCU aren't that attractive to the remaining P5 conferences. Odds are they'd block the dissolution of the GOR/conference because they'd have nowhere to go.

EDIT - this may not be realistic:

If that says anything I think It means the current presidents of big 12 schools know the conference isn't built to last.

The way I look at it is that Texas really wants Herman on the sideline next year. Oklahoma State already came out and said they didn't want Houston in because of recruiting. I gotta think OU had the same view and maybe even TCU. My gut says the vote really came down to how Texas voted. They again put their best interests above that of the conference.

From the looks of things, the Big XII was probably going to expand by two (Houston and BYU), but the latter school wouldn't amend their Code of Conduct or drop the no-Sunday requirement, which killed their chances and this whole process. But hey, at least Tom Herman will be on the market, unless Houston can lobby a P4 conference to take them (removed a P for obvious reasons).

So now what we'll have for the next couple of years is a guessing game as to where OU, Texass and certain other schools (read: Kansas, TCU) end up. As long as the B1G gets Oklahoma, I'll be happy. If they get Oklahoma and Kansas, I'll be ecstatic. If they get Oklahoma and Texass...well...

Idk why but I feel like this could be the most likely thing to happen. Oklahoma is obvious, great football program, usually a pretty solid basketball and baseball programs as well. KU is solely in the mix because they have one of the top 3 best basketball programs historically and currently in the country. Rumor was a few years ago they wouldn't go any where without K-state but I feel like after Missouri went they dropped that attitude and started to look out for numero uno.

While I'm sure Huston is attractive to the BIG, they are probably more attractive to either the SEC or PAC 12.

Idk why but I feel like this could be the most likely thing to happen. Oklahoma is obvious, great football program, usually a pretty solid basketball and baseball programs as well. KU is solely in the mix because they have one of the top 3 best basketball programs historically and currently in the country. Rumor was a few years ago they wouldn't go any where without K-state but I feel like after Missouri went they dropped that attitude and started to look out for numero uno.

While I'm sure Huston is attractive to the BIG, they are probably more attractive to either the SEC or PAC 12.

Kansas has *never* been tethered to Kansas State (or Wichita State, for that matter), and Kansas' President himself said this back in 2010 when Kansas was *THIS* close to hopping over to the Big East.

Oklahoma, on the other hand, *is* tethered to Okie Lite, but that tether will most likely be broken, as Oklahoma brings in substantial revenue to the state (tourism, hotels, restaurants), and that will go away if Oklahoma has to go slum it in a non-P4 conference because their 'specially abled' brother in Stillwater wants to stay with them.

Honestly, if Texass isn't happy with the Pac-12, and Oklahoma is bogged down with Okie Lite/T. Boones Farms Pickens herp-a-derp, then I could see the B1G forgetting about Oklahoma and trying to get Texass on board (with Kansas). Though of course, gaining Oklahoma and Texas would be the slam dunk for the B1G, and the only way to keep those two paired up will be the B1G.

Though of course, gaining Oklahoma and Texas would be the slam dunk for the B1G, and the only way to keep those two paired up will be the B1G.

Any conference would take Oklahoma and Texas as a pair. B1G not the only way they stay together.

It's the most realistic shot.

Texas won't go to the SEC (plus aTm won't allow them--the unwritten SEC in-state school refusal thing), nor does Oklahoma's leadership want to go there--just myopic fans. Oklahoma isn't jazzed for the Pac-12 because of the television network problems they're having, and it's questionable as to whether a Pac-12 move will help improve Oklahoma's academic cache like the B1G move did for Nebraska.

The most logical place where both Texas and Oklahoma are happy and stick together is the B1G, bottom line. Pac-12 is possible, but not likely given what OU's president has said they're looking for. SEC isn't realistic, nor is it the best move for a school that wants to maintain (Texas) or improve (Oklahoma) their academic cache.

Though of course, gaining Oklahoma and Texas would be the slam dunk for the B1G, and the only way to keep those two paired up will be the B1G.

Any conference would take Oklahoma and Texas as a pair. B1G not the only way they stay together.

It's the most realistic shot.

Texas won't go to the SEC (plus aTm won't allow them--the unwritten SEC in-state school refusal thing), nor does Oklahoma's leadership want to go there--just myopic fans. Oklahoma isn't jazzed for the Pac-12 because of the television network problems they're having, and it's questionable as to whether a Pac-12 move will help improve Oklahoma's academic cache like the B1G move did for Nebraska.

The most logical place where both Texas and Oklahoma are happy and stick together is the B1G, bottom line. Pac-12 is possible, but not likely given what OU's president has said they're looking for. SEC isn't realistic, nor is it the best move for a school that wants to maintain (Texas) or improve (Oklahoma) their academic cache.

I agree with you in principle, but if Oklahoma and Texas announced they were going to move to a new conference as a pair, the other conferences would fall all over themselves to get them. And you're forgetting the ACC. I'd guess Texas has a better chance of joining the ACC than the B1G; similar academically but more southern in culture. Not to mention Texas would like playing Notre Dame and could probably get that arranged as part of ND playing 4 (5?) ACC teams each year.