Zach Sterup suspended for PED's

Some of you sure are quick to paint the "Nebraska Way" with a broad stroke of your paint brushes, as a rough program. Every team has a few bad apples, but Nebraska has had no where near the problems, that other schools have had since Bob D took over the program . We have always been one of the cleanest programs in the country. By saying the Nebraska Way, throws the whole team under the bus. Even with scarlet glasses on, I can see we are not perfect, but I'll put our program up against any other one, any day. jmo

GBR!!!

Have heard about this with him before, only rumors though. Not terribly surprised.

St. Cecilia has always had some rumblings.
I'm from GI, they were well known.

I'm from hastings. Wife is STC grad. And youre full of sh#t and envious......
If that was directed at me, I stated nothing about my opinion (live too far and am not active in class C) just that there have always been rumblings of sorts.

Have heard about this with him before, only rumors though. Not terribly surprised.

If that was directed at me, I stated nothing about my opinion (live too far and am not active in class C) just that there have always been rumblings of sorts.

Im not all pissy about . Im from a rival school of STC. Ive grown to respect them as i've paid more attention in my old age. I think it's hilarios. the envious jealousy of parochial schools. Steroids. Recruiting. manipulation attendance to stay down a class. And here it's just a hilarous notion for a school that has so many banners theyre starting on their 3rd wall. So many trophies that they are literally moving old ones to storage cuz they have no more room for cases in their school. yep. right. No one wants admit that what ti really is is a strong culture of a christian school. I witness it first. hand. Almost all these students come from strong, christian practicing families. It's a harsh truth. All the kids in these school, all they have to worry about is school and sports. They dont have to worry about getting breakfast in the morning. it's culture. but since they can pull from all sorts of districts, they recruit. You know. Since that free education is something a public school cant offer.....

Im not bitter towards you or even Lyons. But I laugh at these kinds of comments. "im from gi. it's well known" I'm sure it is. LOL. they win. All the time. And Im not saying nothing goes on, but I can guarantee you, it's going on there no more than it does anywhere. There's other reasons parachial schools are significantly more successful. But in this day and age, for whatever reason, no one wants to go there. Recruiting, attendance manipulation are easy copouts instead.

Im not all pissy about . Im from a rival school of STC. Ive grown to respect them as i've paid more attention in my old age. I think it's hilarios. the envious jealousy of parochial schools. Steroids. Recruiting. manipulation attendance to stay down a class. And here it's just a hilarous notion for a school that has so many banners theyre starting on their 3rd wall. So many trophies that they are literally moving old ones to storage cuz they have no more room for cases in their school. yep. right. No one wants admit that what ti really is is a strong culture of a christian school. I witness it first. hand. Almost all these students come from strong, christian practicing families. It's a harsh truth. All the kids in these school, all they have to worry about is school and sports. They dont have to worry about getting breakfast in the morning. it's culture. but since they can pull from all sorts of districts, they recruit. You know. Since that free education is something a public school cant offer.....

Im not bitter towards you or even Lyons. But I laugh at these kinds of comments. "im from gi. it's well known" I'm sure it is. LOL. they win. All the time. And Im not saying nothing goes on, but I can guarantee you, it's going on there no more than it does anywhere. There's other reasons parachial schools are significantly more successful. But in this day and age, for whatever reason, no one wants to go there. Recruiting, attendance manipulation are easy copouts instead.

I went to GISH, I could care less what the hell you do over there. Quite the response from someone who isn't "bitter". But that is the reputation they have established and it only takes one instance to wash away whatever "good Christian families" are doing there.

It is what it is this day in age. You're naive if you don't realize this stuff happens way more often than you think.

• Fire 1

I went to GISH, I could care less what the hell you do over there. Quite the response from someone who isn't "bitter". But that is the reputation they have established and it only takes one instance to wash away whatever "good Christian families" are doing there.

It is what it is this day in age. You're naive if you don't realize this stuff happens way more often than you think.

I acknowledged that it happens. That's not the issue. It's how much more or less than other places. Their "rep" is become they win. GISH doesnt have a rep cuz apparently theyre not hanging half a dozen banners in their gym every summer. And my point isnt even exclusive to this particular school. It's all porochial schools in general. Skutt, Neuman, Aquinas, Scotus, NC, Hartington, NPSP, Gaurdian Angels, etc etc etc. There's a reason theres a movement trying to get parochails to have their own division-which I think is just a copout chickin sh#t idea. Wipe your own ass before you wipe someone else's, right? But Just step back and look. And this doesnt generalize every family and every student, but it's becoming more and more prominant with the current rate of the breakdown of the family. Public school culture continues to detriorate. Some still much better than others obviously. Parochial school culture remains strong, consistent and structured, and becomes a desirable place of attendance. I have these opinions and they are based on strong evidence. My wife has spent countless hours substitute teaching in both parochial schools and public, age groups from K all the way up to 12. It's a real issue. But yet when the conversation of porochial vs public comes up, it's a widely avoided concept. And it intrigues me.

• Fire 1

I acknowledged that it happens. That's not the issue. It's how much more or less than other places. Their "rep" is become they win. GISH doesnt have a rep cuz apparently theyre not hanging half a dozen banners in their gym every summer. And my point isnt even exclusive to this particular school. It's all porochial schools in general. Skutt, Neuman, Aquinas, Scotus, NC, Hartington, NPSP, Gaurdian Angels, etc etc etc. There's a reason theres a movement trying to get parochails to have their own division-which I think is just a copout chickin sh#t idea. Wipe your own ass before you wipe someone else's, right? But Just step back and look. And this doesnt generalize every family and every student, but it's becoming more and more prominant with the current rate of the breakdown of the family. Public school culture continues to detriorate. Some still much better than others obviously. Parochial school culture remains strong, consistent and structured, and becomes a desirable place of attendance. I have these opinions and they are based on strong evidence. My wife has spent countless hours substitute teaching in both parochial schools and public, age groups from K all the way up to 12. It's a real issue. But yet when the conversation of porochial vs public comes up, it's a widely avoided concept. And it intrigues me.

You're right, some parochial schools have strong foundations and environments which make them attractive to attend. Youre not mentioning the fact that there's often a cost of attendance.

"scholarships" exist at that level. Same concept. Recruiting does happen. I have seen kids come from families who in no way would be able to afford to send their kids to parochial schools, however they are excellent at sports and those athletic departments want to win, as does everyone else. They can use the fact that they have a cost of attendance that is able to waived if you are athletically gifted enough as a way to recruit.

• Fire 1

You're right, some parochial schools have strong foundations and environments which make them attractive to attend. Youre not mentioning the fact that there's often a cost of attendance.

"scholarships" exist at that level. Same concept. Recruiting does happen. I have seen kids come from families who in no way would be able to afford to send their kids to parochial schools, however they are excellent at sports and those athletic departments want to win, as does everyone else. They can use the fact that they have a cost of attendance that is able to waived if you are athletically gifted enough as a way to recruit.

thats a good point, which contradicts my point of not really having anything MORE to offer. it's something I've thought of in the past but completely forgot about it here. So yeah, they do have something to offer. And in areas like Omaha and lincoln, it could be a factor. But I dont think it's as major a factor as some want to make it. My opinion. It's a snowballing situation in terms of what the system has to focus on in terms of structure.