Keith Williams presser

knapplc

Notably from Riley - they considered firing Williams. Riley thinks this is as stiff a penalty for an Asst. Coach as he's seen (obviously with the exception of termination). Said it was a team decision, not just his own.

Shawn Eichorst says that Williams committed a major, major failure in judgement. Says we're fortunate to have a coach in Riley who stands for all the right things.

• Fire 1

The suspension should have been longer. It would be interesting to know if he has to attend mandatory AA meetings.

I agree. Personally, I would've liked to see him suspended for the regular season. If this had been a player, I believe the suspension would've been longer.

If this was a player with a third DUI he would have been gone.

• Fire 1

The suspension should have been longer. It would be interesting to know if he has to attend mandatory AA meetings.

I agree. Personally, I would've liked to see him suspended for the regular season. If this had been a player, I believe the suspension would've been longer.

I would think that a players eligibility would be done before they could receive 3 DUI's in 12 years

• Fire 5

I was going to say a player who is of drinking age and manages to get 3 DUIs is a really, really different scenario, but ...

***Riley said that under Nebraska’s current discipline policy, a player charged with a third DUI would get the same punishment Williams did.

/double take. Wha-...?

When was the last time we had a player DUI case, by the way? I recall Hunter Teafatiller, who I looked up and found that he had 2 DUI arrests in short order prior to the 2008 season. It seems he served a 10-day jail sentence after the season, but played in 12 games that year, including a start in the 2nd game.

• Fire 1

I was going to say a player who is of drinking age and manages to get 3 DUIs is a really, really different scenario, but ...

***Riley said that under Nebraskas current discipline policy, a player charged with a third DUI would get the same punishment Williams did.

/double take. Wha-...?

When was the last time we had a player DUI case, by the way? I recall Hunter Teafatiller, who I looked up and found that he had 2 DUI arrests in short order prior to the 2008 season. It seems he served a 10-day jail sentence after the season, but played in 12 games that year, including a start in the 2nd game.

Baker Steinkuhler I believe.

There were the guys that got kicked off for weed last year. Niles Paul had an MIP also. Dennard got picked up before the draft...

Not true!