Keith Williams presser

knapplc

The matter is far from over as the legal process will go on for at least several months and even assuming he pleads on some basis, he will at a minimum serve some jail time and or a long period of strict probation which unquestionably include AA, testing, dr license revocation, etc, etc. and big fine. He will be out most likely around 20 grand (not counting all the extra personal expense he incurs from hiring rides, car insurance premiums and etc etc etc). Not that this matters to most I am sure but this is NOT the end, just the beginning of the process. Most likely Williams is experienced in much of this from his previous cases but then other courts, states, old laws, etc are all different.

There are often new developments and etc that can arise during the course of the legal process and the follow ups which will be years long. The pronouncement of a 4 game suspension and loss of some pay, etc, which of course is all public and certainly hurts his hard earned reputation could have costs which are huge financially, personally and socially, etc. Just wanting to be sure people are aware of the whole situation. This is not like paying a small fine for a speeding ticket. The ramifications and consequences are dramatic, whether or not he would lose his coaching job. He may find that the social and personal consequences are such that he opts to resign from Nebraska football on his own. Let things play out before you forever condemn the man.

I was going to say a player who is of drinking age and manages to get 3 DUIs is a really, really different scenario, but ...

***Riley said that under Nebraska’s current discipline policy, a player charged with a third DUI would get the same punishment Williams did.

/double take. Wha-...?

When was the last time we had a player DUI case, by the way? I recall Hunter Teafatiller, who I looked up and found that he had 2 DUI arrests in short order prior to the 2008 season. It seems he served a 10-day jail sentence after the season, but played in 12 games that year, including a start in the 2nd game.

about 5 years ago. Mike caputo got one i thnk on the break before the bowl game. Found sleeping in his car drunk in a parking lot or somethin.

The matter is far from over as the legal process will go on for at least several months and even assuming he pleads on some basis, he will at a minimum serve some jail time and or a long period of strict probation which unquestionably include AA, testing, dr license revocation, etc, etc. and big fine. He will be out most likely around 20 grand (not counting all the extra personal expense he incurs from hiring rides, car insurance premiums and etc etc etc). Not that this matters to most I am sure but this is NOT the end, just the beginning of the process. Most likely Williams is experienced in much of this from his previous cases but then other courts, states, old laws, etc are all different.

There are often new developments and etc that can arise during the course of the legal process and the follow ups which will be years long. The pronouncement of a 4 game suspension and loss of some pay, etc, which of course is all public and certainly hurts his hard earned reputation could have costs which are huge financially, personally and socially, etc. Just wanting to be sure people are aware of the whole situation. This is not like paying a small fine for a speeding ticket. The ramifications and consequences are dramatic, whether or not he would lose his coaching job. He may find that the social and personal consequences are such that he opts to resign from Nebraska football on his own. Let things play out before you forever condemn the man.

this was a really good post.

Yeah, I always thought there were legal ramifications for a third DUI that took you out of commission (i.e. jail) regardless of how an employer decided to handle the situation.

Say, as long as we're killing off-season time and making all manner of speculations:

Would you rather be Keith Williams or Ryan Lochte right now?

I'd rather be Williams.

Yeah, I always thought there were legal ramifications for a third DUI that took you out of commission (i.e. jail) regardless of how an employer decided to handle the situation.

Say, as long as we're killing off-season time and making all manner of speculations:

I'd rather be Williams.

see I always thought a third dui was mandatory jail time, but when a person I knew got a third they just got house arrest and license suspended.

I'd rather be Williams.

horrible comparison/question.

• Fire 1

As someone that has suffered "severe" consequences for a "DUI". Lost my military career (12 years) over 1 DUI, I think they did what was right. Nobody wants to talk about the time frame between offenses. NO PLAYER could have 3 DUI's in the same time frame as Williams. If you listen real close to what MR says, "if the circumstance were the same, the player would still be on the team". If we have a player still on the team after 8 years, thats not a good player. 3 DUI's in 4 years is TOTALLY different that 3 in 12 years. There was a caller on 1620 this morning that was implying that he has been driving drunk more often then just Sunday. He just happened to get caught this time. What proof does that caller have to prove that, none. Really, how many people text, eat, call, do their makeup, etc., while driving. Distracted driving is distracted driving.

It was 8 years ago since his last DUI!! When did we become a society that does not believe in forgiveness. I can say with complete and total confidence. If his last DUI was 1 or 2 years ago, he would be gone. Period end of story. The high horse position I have heard from some Husker fans is so full of BS it makes me sick. Just to give you something to chew on, 1 Drink would make anyone a DWI candidate and 2 would get you a DUI. How many of you climb in your car and drive home after 1 drink??

As someone that has suffered "severe" consequences for a "DUI". Lost my military career (12 years) over 1 DUI, I think they did what was right. Nobody wants to talk about the time frame between offenses. NO PLAYER could have 3 DUI's in the same time frame as Williams. If you listen real close to what MR says, "if the circumstance were the same, the player would still be on the team". If we have a player still on the team after 8 years, thats not a good player. 3 DUI's in 4 years is TOTALLY different that 3 in 12 years. There was a caller on 1620 this morning that was implying that he has been driving drunk more often then just Sunday. He just happened to get caught this time. What proof does that caller have to prove that, none. Really, how many people text, eat, call, do their makeup, etc., while driving. Distracted driving is distracted driving.

It was 8 years ago since his last DUI!! When did we become a society that does not believe in forgiveness. I can say with complete and total confidence. If his last DUI was 1 or 2 years ago, he would be gone. Period end of story. The high horse position I have heard from some Husker fans is so full of BS it makes me sick. Just to give you something to chew on, 1 Drink would make anyone a DWI candidate and 2 would get you a DUI. How many of you climb in your car and drive home after 1 drink??

The whole argument that he was last caught X years ago doesn't whole much weight. They say the typical person who gets caught for DUI has usually driven drunk many times before the infraction.