Hillary Clinton lies...

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile # 2

Colin Powel gets on HRC for scapegoating him wt the email server.

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/13/colin-powell-emails/

Very true TG. We all know Powell does not like Trump, so the real news here is his views that everything Hillary touches turns out a mess because of her "hubris." Powell also saw warning signs of her health concerns a long time ago.

You bet, as long as some continue to think they are unbiased, I will continue as well.

That "chart" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

I find it interesting (and yet not) that instead of looking at the data presented and considering it or evaluating it, instead one jumps to the "defile the source" response. It's trite.

Me too, Oh wait you only meant that when it is a liberal site and not a conservative site. It is also "trite" that this is always brought up when liberal sites are denounced, but not when conservative sites are.. In another thread I posted a video from Fox and the response from knap and something else, can't remember now.. "you posted something from Fox, really?"

I won't argue that most everything that comes out of Trump's mouth isn't usually some kind of falsehood BUT a graph like this is very subjective. They rated 50 comments from each of these people. Which 50? How were the comments selected? Any one of us could make this graph look anyway we wanted to. I could pick out 50 things HRC has said that were all lies or false. It's petty politics. Fact is, all politicians lie plenty and Trump and Clinton are two of the worst. Neither one is fit.

• Fire 1

I won't argue that most everything that comes out of Trump's mouth isn't usually some kind of falsehood BUT a graph like this is very subjective. They rated 50 comments from each of these people. Which 50? How were the comments selected? Any one of us could make this graph look anyway we wanted to. I could pick out 50 things HRC has said that were all lies or false. It's petty politics. Fact is, all politicians lie plenty and Trump and Clinton are two of the worst. Neither one is fit.

It was likely a random sample. The weird thing is they rate lots of comments. You'd think they could take a bigger sample.

It's also a little telling where their focus was in that sampling. 4 democrats and 16 republicans. I don't know crap about how biased Politifact may or may not be, I just absolutely hate reports like this. What's next, asking them if they still beat their wife?

IMO, most of Trump's lies or false statements are made out of ignorance or bravado. Whereas HRC's are more genuine lies intended to cover her own ass. Trump's bullsh#t is pretty easily recognizable but hers are substantive and of a more critical nature i.e. made under oath or of matters where lives are on the line.

• Fire 2

It's also a little telling where their focus was in that sampling. 4 democrats and 16 republicans. I don't know crap about how biased Politifact may or may not be, I just absolutely hate reports like this. What's next, asking them if they still beat their wife?

IMO, most of Trump's lies or false statements are made out of ignorance or bravado. Whereas HRC's are more genuine lies intended to cover her own ass. Trump's bullsh#t is pretty easily recognizable but hers are substantive and of a more critical nature i.e. made under oath or of matters where lives are on the line.

Because she's made a living working important government representative positions, whereas Trump has made a living ripping people off? It stands to reason that her lies involve more critical situations.

If we gave Trump as long in the government spotlight as she's had, I'd be very interested in seeing how we view him.

I was listening to a podcast the other day that Glenn Thrush from Politico was on. He said something I found interesting. He said that most people probably think of Trump as a BS artist because he's quick-talking with bravado and a strongman strongman persona, whereas they think of Clinton as just an outright liar. He said he believes it's actually the opposite-- Clinton is the BS artist, trying to tell people what they want to hear, albeit doing so in a very awkward, clunky way, and getting caught a lot doing it. Whereas Trump is the outright liar, because he seems to just genuinely have no concern for the truth at all and is willing to say anything that fits the point he's currently trying to make, almost in a pathological way.

I would agree that Trump seems to be more pathological and Hillary more contemplative with their lies. In fact, I doubt Trump even realizes he is telling lies most of the time. He seems to be well shielded from reality. To be honest, I don't know which would be worse as a WH occupant. I've just come to the conclusion that neither one has any business being there.

I don't think HRC holding high government positions excuses her lies in any way. It makes them worse in my opinion. I've got a few pet peeves and liars are one of them.

JJ the heavy weighting was because of the number of Repubs in the primary, not because of any intent by the reporters.

JJ the heavy weighting was because of the number of Repubs in the primary, not because of any intent by the reporters.

I suppose that was the impetus for that list of names. I didn't see when they released this graph but it does state the comments rated date back to 2007. Seems like a rather odd timeframe and then to use only 50 comments. My gut tells me it was engineered to get a desired result.