Do we have a different gameplan in two weeks?

jamrinelli

Looked at Oregon's stats tonight from their game this week and they gave up a lot of yards in the air. UC Davis had over 300 yards passing and had the ball for 15 minutes more than the Ducks. Oregon's offense had a good game they had almost 600 yards of total offense and were very balanced with throwing and running. I really think we may have to throw a bit more to have a chance beating them.

I think the offense will open it up when it needs to. One thing I criticized Riley for last year was trying to pass all game against bad teams when they could have ran all day and won. Well, they accomplished that feat against Fresno.

I think Riley doesn't trust Armstrong in the pass game, but Tommy does a lot of good things in the run game. Hopefully Riley and Langsdorf will put Tommy and the rest of the offense in a position to succeed.

I think the offense will open it up when it needs to. One thing I criticized Riley for last year was trying to pass all game against bad teams when they could have ran all day and won. Well, they accomplished that feat against Fresno.

I think Riley doesn't trust Armstrong in the pass game, but Tommy does a lot of good things in the run game. Hopefully Riley and Langsdorf will put Tommy and the rest of the offense in a position to succeed.

Yes, they finally showed that they are willing to do what works even if it isn't what their natural tendencies are.

I don't think we have to worry a lick about them not throwing the ball more if that's what's needed. My fear will always be that they will abandon the run too soon but maybe they really are learning.

• Fire 1

I think so. Westercamp, DPE, and Morgan barely used tonight. Reilly was out. I think we'll see a different game plan in two weeks as we have to get some consistency in the passing game and some big plays from the talented WR's we have. We will have to control clock on the ground with Oregon though. So rely on the run but go to the air much more vs. Oregon.

It's possible that the only real chance we have against Oregon is to have a carbon copy offensive game plan from what we saw last night. Keeping the ball away from Oregon's offense with grinding drives by hammering Newby and Ziggy seems like the only sensible option.

They're going to score a lot of points if we have three & outs. That's what Oregon does. Hopefully our new linemen gain some amount of experience and inspiration in two weeks.

By the way, Newby might have had more yards after contact last night than in any other game of his career. We might have been losing at half time if he hadn't given that effort. I was impressed with his play.

Yes, we'll have Tommy Armstrong doing what he does best.....standing in the pocket throwing strikes to receivers on the run. His accuracy and completion percentage will be nothing like what it has been for his entire college career. He's been studying the Johnny Football quarterbacking app all summer and has corrected every throwing mistake he has ever had.

​Surely, going away from the run and airing it out in a shooting match against West Coast athletes is the formula for success.

• Fire 1