fb30

Congrats to Scott Frost on 1st win

krc1995    593

It was surreal. We were in Orlando the first of August and every night the 10 o'clock news would cover UCF fall football practice. Frost was interviewed nightly and every night I would think, "That's our Scott." He speaks well and looks the part down there in the land of Mickey.

Creighton Duke    454

It was surreal. We were in Orlando the first of August and every night the 10 o'clock news would cover UCF fall football practice. Frost was interviewed nightly and every night I would think, "That's our Scott." He speaks well and looks the part down there in the land of Mickey.

Haha...I respectfully beg to differ with the quoted. With those traps he looks more like he should be starting at OLB or SS than coaching! Dude has kept himself in outstanding shape.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Should be noted UCF lost every single game last season. Obviously it would be a miracle if they beat Michigan. However Coach Frost is someone to keep an eye on for years to come.

But won the Fiesta Bowl agaisnt a team that shoulda been in the playoffs the year before. So what I'm saying is that UCF is not completely void of talent and is not some perennial sh#t show like a Kansas or Purdue or Rutgers. Theyre usually pretty solid. And I think Scott knew this. He went into a pretty good situation, where due to the winless season, he could build without the cloud of ridiculous expectations as a new Head coach at the D1 level.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Usually pretty solid???

They started their program in 1979 and only have a .527 winning percentage.

ididnt say elite. I said solid. Usually.

Over 500 overall percentage, with some really good seasons sprinkled in would qualify as solid.

fbs schedules.com only goes back to 2008 that I see. since then, including the 4-8 2008 season, they are 59-44. Which is 59-32 prior to the-what I labeled as flukish in another thread-0-12 season a year ago. 3-2 in Bowl games, including bowl wins over Georgia and Big 12 Champ Baylor in those Bowl games. I'd think that qualifies as a solid programa nd that 0-12 shouldnt be used as a basis for describing UCF Football.

throw in how theyre the largest university in Florida in an extrememly talent rich area, and now a coach that is going to utilize a system that would best utilize the speed talent of the area, and UCF could be a ticking time bomb.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Wait a minute.....

I went to FBSchedules to look at this.

Scott took a 9-4 team and went winless in his first year?

Wut?

Did i say that? Does FBS say that?

I dont see it. Or this a point youre making that I'm not following here?

BigRedBuster    7,726

Wait a minute.....

Wut?

Naaa....nothing to do with you.

Just a meaningless joke for some fans. I just didn't realize (or had forgotten) he had taken over a program that went 9-4 the previous year.

Mavric    9,857

Wait a minute.....

Wut?

Just a meaningless joke for some fans. I just didn't realize (or had forgotten) he had taken over a program that went 9-4 the previous year.

Unless I'm still missing something, Frost took over a program that was 0-12 last year. This is his first year.

BigRedBuster    7,726

Wait a minute.....

Wut?

Unless I'm still missing something, Frost took over a program that was 0-12 last year. This is his first year.

I thought last year was his first year. Hmmmm...my joke doesn't mean as much then does it?

Count 'Bility    4,782

Wait a minute.....

Wut?

I thought last year was his first year. Hmmmm...my joke doesn't mean as much then does it?

yeah. This is why I was so incredibly confused.

NUance    6,941

UCF coach Scott Frost recaps 51-14 loss to Michigan: LINK (Sounds like he took public speaking lessons from his old coach, Solich. lol)

commando    1,500

central florida 275 rushing yards.

michigan 119 rushing yards.

i guess Harbaugh isn't taking advice from some very vocal critics of Riley on this site.

Moiraine    5,702

I wonder why he picked UCF other than what's in that article. I can guess a couple reasons.

He didn't want to coach Maryland against Nebraska.

He wanted more freedom as a coach - and he gets that in a program that just went 0-12

Mavric    9,857

I wonder why he picked UCF other than what's in that article. I can guess a couple reasons.

He didn't want to coach Maryland against Nebraska.

He wanted more freedom as a coach - and he gets that in a program that just went 0-12

Agree with that. Plus a lot of recruits who have talent - especially speed - but don't get offered by the big three.

teachercd    3,072

He is already doing a fantastic job there. 3-2 on the season and one of my favorite teams to bet on.

What kind of offense is he running there?

Similar stuff to what he ran at Oregon.

VectorVictor    1,830

Story regarding Scott Frost, UCF, UConn, and a forced trophy game that is perhaps dumber than the Iowa/Nebraska trophy:

http://deadspin.com/ucf-beats-uconn-in-forced-rivalry-game-leaves-dumb-tro-1788119816

https://twitter.com/ManthonyCourant/status/790192379684847617/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And then follow-up questioning of the UConn coach as to whether or not this is a dumb trophy:

http://fox61.com/2016/10/25/uconn-football-coach-diaco-on-civil-conflict-debacle-i-dont-understand-why-it-was-a-bad-idea/

NOTE: The greatest action in this whole story is Scott Frost ignoring the trophy.

Husker2019    426

By leaving the trophy they have kind of created a rivalry in a way...

ha, at the very least, UCONN's coach was pretty pissed

NUance    6,941

UCF is 4-3 on the season

Not bad. Considering they went 0-12 last year.

suh_fan93    1,115

Tough loss for UCF yesterday after being up 21-0 on Tom Herman's Houston Cougars at halftime. 4 turnovers in the second half would ultimately cost them. Still a whale of a job by Frost in the way he's turned that team around.

teachercd    3,072

I wonder if this will be a new trend...going to schools in big states that are not in P5 Conferences where you can still make great money with way less pressure.

HuskermanMike    320

UCF not looking good right now, but heck of a job by Scott to get this team playing well compared to last year. Scott's teams need to work on defense and turnovers, but still a good first year. It will be fun to see if he can get UCF to a big bowl game in a few years. I think he will stay at UCF until the Nebraska job opens up, so he can have good Florida recruiting, with some West Coast recruiting as well.

famoustitles    650

In regards to how Scott Frost held up recruiting this first full class, compared to other Florida schools and Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston (same conference)

(247 composite national ranking)

6th FSU - 24 commits

10th Florida - 24 commits

13th Miami - 24 commits

54th UCF - 23 commits

59th Memphis - 28 commits

61st - Cincinnati - 23 commits

69th - Houston - 19 commits

72nd FAU - 24 commits

77th USF - 18 commits

87th FIU - 19 commits

He did pretty well his first full class compared to others in conference and non-power 5 Florida schools. It will be harder this year as FAU, USF, FIU all went through coaching changes

spurs1990    609

By leaving the trophy they have kind of created a rivalry in a way...

ha, at the very least, UCONN's coach was pretty pissed

Well this comment is pretty fun in hindsight! Poor Diaco and his trophy..

B.B. Hemingway    2,009

In regards to how Scott Frost held up recruiting this first full class, compared to other Florida schools and Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston (same conference)

(247 composite national ranking)

6th FSU - 24 commits

10th Florida - 24 commits

13th Miami - 24 commits

54th UCF - 23 commits

59th Memphis - 28 commits

61st - Cincinnati - 23 commits

69th - Houston - 19 commits

72nd FAU - 24 commits

77th USF - 18 commits

87th FIU - 19 commits

He did pretty well his first full class compared to others in conference and non-power 5 Florida schools. It will be harder this year as FAU, USF, FIU all went through coaching changes

Congratulations to our next head coach, Scott Frost!