Congrats to Scott Frost on 1st win

fb30

It was surreal. We were in Orlando the first of August and every night the 10 o'clock news would cover UCF fall football practice. Frost was interviewed nightly and every night I would think, "That's our Scott." He speaks well and looks the part down there in the land of Mickey.

• Fire 2

It was surreal. We were in Orlando the first of August and every night the 10 o'clock news would cover UCF fall football practice. Frost was interviewed nightly and every night I would think, "That's our Scott." He speaks well and looks the part down there in the land of Mickey.

Haha...I respectfully beg to differ with the quoted. With those traps he looks more like he should be starting at OLB or SS than coaching! Dude has kept himself in outstanding shape.

Should be noted UCF lost every single game last season. Obviously it would be a miracle if they beat Michigan. However Coach Frost is someone to keep an eye on for years to come.

But won the Fiesta Bowl agaisnt a team that shoulda been in the playoffs the year before. So what I'm saying is that UCF is not completely void of talent and is not some perennial sh#t show like a Kansas or Purdue or Rutgers. Theyre usually pretty solid. And I think Scott knew this. He went into a pretty good situation, where due to the winless season, he could build without the cloud of ridiculous expectations as a new Head coach at the D1 level.

Usually pretty solid???

They started their program in 1979 and only have a .527 winning percentage.

ididnt say elite. I said solid. Usually.

Over 500 overall percentage, with some really good seasons sprinkled in would qualify as solid.

fbs schedules.com only goes back to 2008 that I see. since then, including the 4-8 2008 season, they are 59-44. Which is 59-32 prior to the-what I labeled as flukish in another thread-0-12 season a year ago. 3-2 in Bowl games, including bowl wins over Georgia and Big 12 Champ Baylor in those Bowl games. I'd think that qualifies as a solid programa nd that 0-12 shouldnt be used as a basis for describing UCF Football.

throw in how theyre the largest university in Florida in an extrememly talent rich area, and now a coach that is going to utilize a system that would best utilize the speed talent of the area, and UCF could be a ticking time bomb.

• Fire 1