2016-17 Season Notes

Mavric

This last post of yours has the most truth of your last 5 post. As i have mentioned before, if you would just take a minute and think about what you are saying without being so excited to come after me.

The guy is our only center and if he learns to play at this level, while remaining out of foul trouble, his minutes will increase from the 16 he got in the last game to a number that climbs above 20 fairly quickly. How high it goes nobody knows - partly due to the fact that we haven't been in this exact situation ever. Let's please end this tangent over what seems to be a few minutes per game of playing time by a player that I believe we both agree needs to step up for NU to have a future in the BIG10.

Mav, you're touchy lately man. Maybe it's the election. Maybe not. It's basketball season man! Cheer up, and let's talk about the season. GBR, quit being a dick. You're right, but go about it better.

I'm excited about Roby. Very.

Yeah, sorry. I should relax more.

It really does take quite a bit to get me agitated. But GBRFAN has made it his personal mission to try to discredit everything I say for the last several months. And I'm fine with differing opinions. But he never has any basis for his arguments and completely disappears from the discussion once he's finally backed himself into a corner that he can't get out of. Just really annoying and I've kind of had enough of it so I've been firing back more instead of ignoring it. Nothing to do with the election.

Roby does look to have promise. Glad he's finally healthy. Need someone - really 2-3 guys - to step up and score some points.

• Fire 1

Mav, you're touchy lately man. Maybe it's the election. Maybe not. It's basketball season man! Cheer up, and let's talk about the season. GBR, quit being a dick. You're right, but go about it better.

Agree - some bring out the best of me. I'm starting over right now. also agree with roby - the interview with the three guys the other day was refreshing and i'm looking forward to see the young guys grow into one unit.

Yeah, sorry. I should relax more.

It really does take quite a bit to get me agitated. But GBRFAN has made it his personal mission to try to discredit everything I say for the last several months. And I'm fine with differing opinions. But he never has any basis for his arguments and completely disappears from the discussion once he's finally backed himself into a corner that he can't get out of. Just really annoying and I've kind of had enough of it so I've been firing back more instead of ignoring it. Nothing to do with the election.

Roby does look to have promise. Glad he's finally healthy. Need someone - really 2-3 guys - to step up and score some points.

I have fired at you several times over the past 3 months. I have also given you kudos a half dozen times during that same time frame. I can't say the same for you - maybe it's true that not once have I said anything that you can agree to.

I have fired at you several times over the past 3 months. I have also given you kudos a half dozen times during that same time frame. I can't say the same for you - maybe it's true that not once have I said anything that you can agree to.

Eh, I don't think that's right. I don't very often reply to people's comments that I agree with - unless they seem to be in the minority or I have a different set of facts to bring up that further illustrates their point. I give out a lot of +1s when I think people make a good point but you can't tell who's giving them out.

But things like this I see as completely unnecessary - from any poster. Pretty sophomorish and low-ball. They don't lead me to have a lot of respect for people who have to resort to such tactics.

Not sure if you took any math classes in school however if somebody gets 20 minutes and then works their way towards 30 - their average would be 25ish. I know it can be tough.

• Fire 1

Not a great sign seeing him foul out so quick, however if we can start the season getting about 20 minutes out of him and stretch that to 30 by season-end we will be better off then in the past.

Considering that the only guys to average 30 minutes per game in the last three years are named Shields and Petteway, I find that unlikely.

But things like this I see as completely unnecessary - from any poster. Pretty sophomorish and low-ball.

GBRFAN, on 09 Nov 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:snapback.png

Not sure if you took any math classes in school however if somebody gets 20 minutes and then works their way towards 30 - their average would be 25ish. I know it can be tough.

To your above statement and the post of mine, you are correct that I could have and should have left the bold portion off - it wasn't necessary and didn't need to be used to state my point. However you should also be able to see that you moved the goal post in your top post in reference to what I said in my initial post (which you have done before)

You are also trolling with the fact that you and i have already made our comments about the post directly above and then when the conversation has moved on you bring that post back up. This is the reason that I don't continue to chase your battles because they go on forever and I have no interest in spending hours on this stuff.

I will give you credit similar to what Trump gave to Hillary at the end of the second debate: As he said about her I will say about you - You don't quit. you don't give up and you're a fighter.

I will not respond to any more replys of yours on this topic and i'm sure you will come back with a statement that you have me backed into a corner and I have no facts - so I must have ran away and hid.

• 2 weeks later...