Fo Fiddy

ZRod

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Prepare your own team, control the line of scrimmage, act like you belong and have done it before and just line up and kick the extra point.

There's a reason the trickeration aspect was utilized, once, against Fresno St and nobody else. Sorry, I just think it makes our whole program look gimmicky. That isn't the level I would like to see us competing at and we sure shouldnt need it against the only teams it would ever work on.

Would people say the same things about Black 41 Flash Reverse, fumblerooski, etc., or are those different somehow?

Yes, actually those are completely different. Plays like those are used infrequently with the hopes of tricking the other team and catching them unprepared. The opponent hasn't seen us do them multiple times per game and can't prepare for them. I would not be opposed to this PAT formation if we did it only occasionally. Then we might actually catch somebody not ready for it and force a timeout or actually be successful with a 2 point conversion.

In all honesty, our special teams have not been a factor for many years now (even back in the Pelini era). I can't remember many special plays done by our special teams (1). May be I can remember three good returns over the past six years (2). This special teams coach, especially, is robbing the state of Nebraska blind. His salary is definitely not justified. He cost us the first seven points of the game, and his special teams have never blocked a punt or done anything to help us win a game (3). The only extraordinary thing his teams did is manage to net a negative yardage on a punt. A thing I did not think was possible before Saturday. It does not seem like these teams are learning any techniques. Every time we punt, I hold my breath and hope for the best. More than 90% of the opponents' punts are either fair caught or we let them go into the end zone. In the Ohio State game, a player fielded a kick that was heading into the sideline. Instead of getting the ball at the 35 yard line, we got the ball at the 11 yard line. If that is coaching, I would hate to see what the players would do without coaching.

Sadly, I do not see Mike Riley the type to fire a coach (4). I really hope that is not the case. I do not think our players are to blame. They need to be properly coached and this coach is not getting it done. Simple as that.

A few things that are horribly incorrect, coded by bolded number above:

1. DPE led the nation in punt return yardage two years ago.

2. Alex Henery was literally the best kicker in the history of the NCAA when he exhausted his eligibility.

3. Sam Foltz was the B1G Punter of the Year last season.

4. Mike Riley fired a coach after his FIRST SEASON.

However, I do think we are overpaying for a ST coordinator who performs like this.

Throw in that he doesn't recruit either and you have a dream job with little to no responsibility.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. What if he's back next year?

We'll continue to have crap special teams.

The simply fact that they don't even give DPE a chance to actually return punts is a crime.

I really don't know why the media let's the staff off the hook on this one. DPE should have a few returns for TDs already. If he got the chance it really felt like he was going to break one against Wisconsin, and that would have won us the game.

Nobody hasn't mentioned this yet but we had 10 players where Maryland converted on the fake punt.

I saw it from the stands too before the play developed (when I officiate high school football I'm in charge of counting the defensive players)

- blocked field goal

- 10 players on fake punt

Nobody hasn't mentioned this yet but we had 10 players where Maryland converted on the fake punt.

I saw it from the stands too before the play developed (when I officiate high school football I'm in charge of counting the defensive players)

- blocked field goal

So somebody mentioned it already? :P

- blocked field goal

So somebody mentioned it already? :P
I take that back....darn

https://twitter.com/swmckewonowh/status/800035616901787648