Coaches as Recruiters

Wow, this coaching staff is doing an excellent job on Saturdays. I want to talk a little bit about their recruiting abilities.

QB - Langsdorf - GRADE: A

While we haven't seen his recruits on the field yet, he is getting the guys he WANTS. Which is a great sign. Not having to go to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th options. he is getting good old Numero Uno. Bravo Langs.

RB - Davis - GRADE: A

Not necessarily getting huge names, but his 3 recruits so far are studs. Ozigbo has been more than anyone expected. Tre has also looked really solid and gotten great reviews. Also, he had a hand in locking up a future star FB for us (Ben Miles).

WR - Williams - GRADE: A+

Has created buzz about the program. It's mostly been him, whether it's DB's, WR's, he is getting them excited about Nebraska. Has got some impressive WR's, To keep this grade, he needs to lock down a 5 Star WR this year.

TE- Thompson - GRADE: B

Thompson has done a nice job, considering he is a GA. All of his recruits have been very positive about his impact. He has done a good job restocking the cupboard at TE, considering we lose 3 this year.

OL- Cav - GRADE: B+

Cav has done a nice job with his recruiting, obviously none of his recruits are on the field yet, which makes it hard to say, but he is getting very quality guys to commit and to visit.

DL- Parella - GRADE: B

Has done an amazing job in a short amount of time. Needs to grab some bigger known names to increase his grade IMO, but he is doing a good job. Will only get better IMO.

LB- Bray- GRADE: A

Extremely fantastic job finding guys early and locking them down. Love his ability as a recruiter. Very quality players recruited thus far.

DB- Stewart- GRADE: B

Stew is killing it on the recruiting road. Obviously L-Jax was a major win for Coach Stew. He is continuing to build great relationships. Needs to land some of these guys he is in on to see a spike.

ST- Read- GRADE: B

1 recruit so far, Lightbourne looked fantastic in his 3rd career game. Wondering if we are going to go after a Kicker this year?

HC- Riley- GRADE: B-

Has done a decent job as a closer. Felt he missed out on a couple guys last year that would've been huge difference makers at signing day. Needs to close a little better on high quality players to see a boost in his grade. Obviously everyone loves him, but needs to close a little bit better or at a higher % if that makes sense.

• Fire 1

Besides Forniak, who was almost a shoe in, Cav hasn't received commitments from any big name O-lineman. That could change in the next few months. My biggest discrepancy is with Parella. I know he doesn't have a ton of interest from playmakers on the outside, but he is a night and day difference from Hank Hughes on the recruiting trail. Agree with all other grades. Good write up.

Besides Forniak, who was almost a shoe in, Cav hasn't received commitments from any big name O-lineman. That could change in the next few months. My biggest discrepancy is with Parella. I know he doesn't have a ton of interest from playmakers on the outside, but he is a night and day difference from Hank Hughes on the recruiting trail. Agree with all other grades. Good write up.

Well, rankings wise.

He held onto Raridon - 4 Star

Brokop - 4 star by some services

Barnett- 4 star (actual recruiter for him)

ST- Read- GRADE: B

1 recruit so far, Lightbourne looked fantastic in his 3rd career game. Wondering if we are going to go after a Kicker this year?

He has 2, Ober at LS is his recruit as well. Considering the potential of Caleb and how well Jordan has done so far, I'd bump him to a B+/A-.

I am excited to see us recruiting against the 'big boys' and other blue bloods across the country. This is a very strong indicator that we are recruiting quality players. Now, we have not signed this 2017 class and there are major 'holes' yet to be filled with some of the very top recruits of the entire bunch. Without a couple 5 stars and half dozen more 4 stars, the ranking of the class will fall back to the 'mediocre' kind of level (mid 20 to upper 30s). We need to get into the number 15 or above category to really make a big jump. This can still happen IF we continue to win and finish with 11 wins. Again, we need the 'right' guys to finish up the class. We need to continue this momentum with an even better 2018 group

But, as for your 'grading' system, I am just not sure how we really know who we are recruiting hard and how well they are truly doing as we just don't have the inside information to scoop it all. Can't grade what we don't know.

• Fire 1

We have had back to back classes trending to be some of our best in the past 10 years. We are getting OV from more top guys than we have in a long time. The ideal recruiting cycle takes about 24-36 months so we are on the verge of seeing the full cycle results. B+ average seems to be about right.