Coaches as Recruiters

I think that's all I have been trying to show, early recruiting hasn't improved as much as I thought it had. Not trying to make any other inferences.

Early recruiting has drastically improved. Look at our visit lists for our 3 games we have had this season. We havent improved with the average star power BUT lets see how this all plays out.

WWO first post was stating that recruiting hasn't improved in "every" area as stated by a previous poster and he is doing a good job at showing that in "one" area (star ranking of verbals thru sept) it hasn't improved or gotten worse - so he is correct.

However, as many have pointed out the other 5 or 6 angles of recruiting that can be discussed - have shown improvements with some areas being considerable improvement.

So it looks like everybody is mostly right it just depends from what angle we are discussing this.

This is a really interesting article.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/9/19/12948976/just-how-important-is-elite-recruiting

It's possible that there's a fairly high barrier to entry in recruiting for contending for the national championship, but it's more important to be part of that elite club than it is to be first in the club (I looked at the relationship between average talent and F/+ for just the 17 schools with an average team talent rating over .88 and there wasn't a statistically significant relationship between the variables any more).

Recruiting matters and Nebraska's rankings indicate that they aren't at the elite level they need to be at to be contending for a championship. YET...because they don't play games with only verbally committed recruits thru September and because it SEEMS like the coaches are doing better.