Let's pretend...

ScottyIce

Wisconsin would be #2, probably behind an unbeaten Alabama. They'd be #1 if Alabama loses a game by them.

I think we will actually go 7-0, and I think we'll be ranked at probably #11 at that point.

Fun thread topic. And I was so wrong about Wisconsin. Michigan State has dropped off at the QB position, but that Wisconsin defense is pretty great.

And strangely ,I'm still wondering if we'll beat Illinois.

​Great thread though. At this point I just don't see it happening......too many screw ups and lack of chemistry, soft coverage, lack of line control on both sides, inability to use talent....

​As much as I'd like to see it ,I'd say Wisconsin would be #2......we'd be about #10........after we got our butts whupped, we'd be back between 16-20.

• Fire 1

The fans can pretend, as long as the team stays One Game at a Time.

Absolutely.

And this is a fun thread. We do have a good chance of being 7-0. Wisky has a chance to stay undefeated, but they have a better chance, IMO, to lose a game before then. Brutal schedule. Would love to see it happen for sure!

If they beat Ohio State I would be really shocked. I still think OSU beats Wiscy by 3 plus touchdowns, even if they beat Michigan next week. Wisconsin has two losses when we play them and they will be beat up by the time we play them- advantage Nebraska. I think it will be a close game and we prevail at Wisconsin because we are due for a win against them, but the D-line needs to play a lot better. Clement had 54 tough yards rushing last week, but if we turn the ball over they will score with short fields.

​Great thread though. At this point I just don't see it happening......too many screw ups and lack of chemistry, soft coverage, lack of line control on both sides, inability to use talent....

​As much as I'd like to see it ,I'd say Wisconsin would be #2......we'd be about #10........after we got our butts whupped, we'd be back between 16-20.

Strange that you are concerned about Illinois

I have seen a couple times that you have post our inability to use talent - can you explain in more depth?

Where do you see the large advantage with Wisc - that we are going to get our butts whupped?

The fans can pretend, as long as the team stays One Game at a Time.

Absolutely.

And this is a fun thread. We do have a good chance of being 7-0. Wisky has a chance to stay undefeated, but they have a better chance, IMO, to lose a game before then. Brutal schedule. Would love to see it happen for sure!

If they beat Ohio State I would be really shocked. I still think OSU beats Wiscy by 3 plus touchdowns, even if they beat Michigan next week. Wisconsin has two losses when we play them and they will be beat up by the time we play them- advantage Nebraska. I think it will be a close game and we prevail at Wisconsin because we are due for a win against them, but the D-line needs to play a lot better. Clement had 54 tough yards rushing last week, but if we turn the ball over they will score with short fields.

Wisconsin does have 2 weeks off. I haven't ever looked into how that factors in though.

Shoot I should have read this thread and posted my post in here from the thread that talked about us being ranked 15th.

I think Nebraska would be just inside the top 10 at that point, just looking at the other teams that would lose ahead of them and if Nebraska kept winning i think #9 would be very likely. Wiscosnin probably a #2; however, easily deserving of a #1 ranking.

College Game day absolutely would be there.

Now the question on how Nebraska would do. I do feel we SHOULD be 7-0 going into the Wisconsin game given we have Illinois (Revenge for us), Indiana, and Purdue (revenge for us). And we have a BYE week in there. Wisconsin at the end of that gauntlet could be physically and mentally exhausted and wore down. It could be a great opportunity for Nebraska to capitalize off of.

Strange that you are concerned about Illinois

I have seen a couple times that you have post our inability to use talent - can you explain in more depth?

Where do you see the large advantage with Wisc - that we are going to get our butts whupped?

I think we'll win, but the way we play down to teams, you never know.

​I have explained that many times, don't have time now.

​At this stage of the season and judging by our performance and their performance against the kind of teams we played, they look better. Pretty sure I just explained in the What We Learned thread why I think that. Inconsistency against athletically inferior teams doesn't give me any confidence in playing against a big school that can recruit and has destroyed us in the past.