Why is no one talking about...

Nick Frickin gates.

Marcus Newby doin work.

Ross Dzuris extremely solid. Why he dont get more run i have no clue. Maybe its cuz hes the white nobody walk on that aint supposed to be a good de instead of the Loisiana or Texas 5 star stud. But hes sure playin like one

And Tommy Armstrong. Dishin out crow by truckloads right now.

• Fire 3

Agree Young has been improved, still a ways to go. Jones and Kalu doing just enough. I like Newby when he is in there. The DL in my opinion has not been that good...OK vs. the first 2 easier opponents but last two games not enough pressure on the QB. Obviously we miss Collins and VV now in the NFL...I don't think we foresaw that they both would jump early and DL needs help.

Offense...Tommy, Westy, Ozigbo...Morgan, Moore, and Carter making some plays. OL is a work in progress.

ST needs major work...get DPE some returns already.

• Fire 1

Nick Frickin gates.

Marcus Newby doin work.

Ross Dzuris extremely solid. Why he dont get more run i have no clue. Maybe its cuz hes the white nobody walk on that aint supposed to be a good de instead of the Loisiana or Texas 5 star stud. But hes sure playin like one

I think Dzuris is getting his respect. And maybe a little more for his epic moustache.

Nick Frickin gates.

Marcus Newby doin work.

I think Dzuris is getting his respect. And maybe a little more for his epic moustache.

Dzuris is good and improving, but we're not getting much push with just our DL--our constant blitzing is helping them out immensely, and the DL has been there to read, react, and reap the rewards...but at some point (read: Wisky), we're gonna need that DL to start getting to the QB on their own, without a relentless blitz every down.

And yes, I know the DL is young, and honestly, I think they're doing well, all things considered. Just really hope we start seeing measured improvements the next few games, as it will pay dividends when we get to the meat (Wisky, tOSU, Iowa) of our schedule.

Diedrick Young? Hits hard, running to the ball, and showing effort

What player seems to be getting it done under the radar??????

This kid been special for us. You see him around the ball on every play except on those deep passes, obvious reasons, if he stays healthy i would argue he should at least make the end of year all big ten team

This kid been special for us. You see him around the ball on every play except on those deep passes, obvious reasons, if he stays healthy i would argue he should at least make the end of year all big ten team

Young has been pretty good this year, but he needs to do a better job of fighting off blockers. He hasn't progressed this year as much as most people thought. Outside of MRI, the LB play hasn't been all that special this year.

Young has been pretty good this year, but he needs to do a better job of fighting off blockers. He hasn't progressed this year as much as most people thought. Outside of MRI, the LB play hasn't been all that special this year.

Agreed. LB's have showed flashes but not quite enough to match the preseason expectations. Bray was great last season, so I'm hopeful the LB's will make the jump from flashes of greatness to very good to great play consistently.

Agreed. LB's have showed flashes but not quite enough to match the preseason expectations. Bray was great last season, so I'm hopeful the LB's will make the jump from flashes of greatness to very good to great play consistently.

Just a guess, but I wonder if last year's LB play was due to stud DT's occupying more blockers and allowing the LB's being able to flow to ball and make plays.

• Fire 1

Just a guess, but I wonder if last year's LB play was due to stud DT's occupying more blockers and allowing the LB's being able to flow to ball and make plays.

That's a good point, but I think the LB's have struggled more on outside runs and pass coverage, so not sure if that can be attributed to the DT's.

That's a good point, but I think the LB's have struggled more on outside runs and pass coverage, so not sure if that can be attributed to the DT's.

Agree with you 100%. DT's can help out the LB's on certain plays only.