Armstrong Named B1G Offensive Player of the Week

Mavric

This can be directly contributed to the staff buying in to the talent they had available to them.

No longer are we trying to fit a square peg through a round hole! We are lightyears ahead of where we were last year with this staff, and its showing through honors like this.

Edit: I don't want to short change Tommy, he's been playing with heart and now some swagger. I can't wait to see him continue to thrive in a scheme that shows off his abilities.

This can be directly contributed to the staff buying in to the talent they had available to them.

No longer are we trying to fit a square peg through a round hole! We are lightyears ahead of where we were last year with this staff, and its showing through honors like this.

Edit: I don't want to short change Tommy, he's been playing with heart and now some swagger. I can't wait to see him continue to thrive in a scheme that shows off his abilities.

Sam McKewon's article today mentioned Riley and his staff seem to be coaching with a greater sense of urgency this year.

I could be wrong, but I think a lot has to do with how bad last year was. Eichorst probably went to him in the off-season said "Hey, Mike, I like you and if it were up to me, you would have 3-4 years to turn things around. But, these fans are crazy in Nebraska, and you can't have another losing season, and it would be awesome for the both of us if you got 9 or 10 wins this year."

So, I think Riley and Langsdorf went to work to devise an offense that best utilizes the talents of Armstrong, as well as make NU fans "happy".