Rumor: Les Miles to Nebraska as Assistant?

Posted in the other thread, so delete if deemed unnecessary but Les pretty much said he's already considered coming up here.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing:[/size] "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

Edited by NUance
I'm going to start putting "Rumor" at the beginning of thread titles in this forum. That way, people can see it's a rumor thread from the top page of HB without clicking on it.

Is that what he's alluding to, at all? That'd be great, but it sounds a lot more vague than that.

By the way:

"What would you tell your successor?"

"How fortunate you are to coach the LSU Tigers."

I took it as playing more to the previous question when he was talking about not being a golfer. So he would have things to do on weekends by watching his boys play ball.

• Fire 2

Posted in the other thread, so delete if deemed unnecessary but Les pretty much said he's already considered coming up here.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing: "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

I got the same feel... Ben is committed and that is no secret. I wouldn't be the least be surprised if we see a position created to get Miles' expertise at DONU. But if he isn't coming to coach, I am sure the current staff will be picking his brain when Ben does come because Les will be rooting for us then.

The University of Alabama has 5 head coaches working under Saben. They hide them as analyst's. I could see coach Miles coming to Nebraska in that role. He is one heck of a recruiter and has established strong ties to the Louisiana area. He could be a gold mine for Nebraska.

Nebraska needs to use/work all the rules. This would be great, and I would guess Coach Riley and Coach Miles would get along fantastically. They both seem to be the same type of person.

I would be very happy to see this happen instantly.

• Fire 2

Why did he name Texas and whatever that other school was but not Nebraska? Kinda weird... Ben has said his parents were a bit off when he committed to NU.

Maybe he thought it could somehow create hassles for Ben if he mentioned Nebraska by name. :dunno:

===========================

I don't see Miles coming to NU. But who knows? He might just do like Pelini and relax a bit, live off the buy-out money.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing:[/size] "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

I got the same feel... Ben is committed and that is no secret. I wouldn't be the least be surprised if we see a position created to get Miles' expertise at DONU. But if he isn't coming to coach, I am sure the current staff will be picking his brain when Ben does come because Les will be rooting for us then.

well that would be nuts. what position does he coach?

He coached offensive line at Colorado and Michigan. Tight ends for the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't want him anywhere near the offense