Rumor: Les Miles to Nebraska as Assistant?

I don't think he would come here to coach, but to be on staff. Work with the recruiting side of the house. He is considered one of the best. 63 is not that old. He appears to be in good physical shape. It might be fun working with your kid in a non pressure situation. He brought it up so anything is possible.

He could do it at a fraction of the normal cost, and LSU would be held accountable. I do not see him taking a head coaching job right away either

• Fire 1

Posted in the other thread, so delete if deemed unnecessary but Les pretty much said he's already considered coming up here.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing: "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

As I posted in that other thread:

He clearly was alluding to the fact that he could go to his son's football games. It was when he was asked if it was scary not thinking about coaching, as a follow-up question to "do you see yourself coaching next year?" Les said its hard to see himself *not* coaching, just because he's been doing it for so long.

He also referred to his other two kids in college, that doesn't mean he's going to Texas or UNC either. In fact, Miles prefaced the whole thing with "I think I have the not coaching figured out".

No need to stoke a fire that has no merit, to start some sort of kerfluffle.

So, if there was any reason to think he may come here, this interview is definitely not it. Anyone garnering that from this interview obviously is just hearing what they want to, rather than actually listening.

Posted in the other thread, so delete if deemed unnecessary but Les pretty much said he's already considered coming up here.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing: "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

He clearly was alluding to the fact that he could go to his son's football games. It was when he was asked if it was scary not thinking about coaching, as a follow-up question to "do you see yourself coaching next year?" Les said its hard to see himself *not* coaching, just because he's been doing it for so long.

He also referred to his other two kids in college, that doesn't mean he's going to Texas or UNC either. In fact, Miles prefaced the whole thing with "I think I have the not coaching figured out".

So, if there was any reason to think he may come here, this interview is definitely not it. Anyone garnering that from this interview obviously is just hearing what they want to, rather than actually listening.

Still paraphrasing:

Do you want to coach again right away?

"What I have done for 12-14 hours a day for the last number of years is coach football. I would have a hard time not being involved in a game and not coaching"

Are you afraid of not coaching?

"Plan C is out there, I have a daughter and son in college, UNC and Texas and I could go find those games on the weekends. I have a young son committed to a Big Ten team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do."

Who pissed in your cheerios? Not trying to "start a kerfluffle" and I take umbrage with your accusation that I didn't listen!

Now with a little strategic editing, let me put together the pieces of the puzzle that Les Miles clearly set out there for us. He is incredibly smart, and left these nuggets in the interview so that those of us in tune with him could decipher it.

"What I have done for 12-14 hours a day for the last number of years is coach football. I have a young son committed to a Big Ten team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do. I would have a hard time not being involved in a game and not coaching"

- Les Miles when asked if he would like to coach at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

On this board, I have never figured out why someone with a different thought or idea, becomes an advisory. We are Nebraska fans, but quite a few really don't act like it. A Nebraska fan is about being for Nebraska, the state, the team, the players, the university. Not to try an pick everything apart to make it a negative.

No one knows what Les Miles will do, not a clue, but I can tell you this, he could become a fantastic asset for this program, or any other program out there. Saben looks for these guys, figures away to use their talents. If he has the slightest interest in coming here to help Nebraska, I say roll out the RED carpet and make him fall in love with the place.

The analyst title covers a lot of areas in the Bama system.

He could do it for pennies on the dollar, no way he isn't set for life already.

• Fire 5

On this board, I have never figured out why someone with a different thought or idea, becomes an advisory. We are Nebraska fans, but quite a few really don't act like it. A Nebraska fan is about being for Nebraska, the state, the team, the players, the university. Not to try an pick everything apart to make it a negative.

I tend to not be around here as much in the off season, and it always catches me by surprise when I come back. It's like some people can't have fun.

Still paraphrasing:

Do you want to coach again right away?

"What I have done for 12-14 hours a day for the last number of years is coach football. I would have a hard time not being involved in a game and not coaching"

Are you afraid of not coaching?

"Plan C is out there, I have a daughter and son in college, UNC and Texas and I could go find those games on the weekends. I have a young son committed to a Big Ten team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do."

Who pissed in your cheerios? Not trying to "start a kerfluffle" and I take umbrage with your accusation that I didn't listen!

Now with a little strategic editing, let me put together the pieces of the puzzle that Les Miles clearly set out there for us. He is incredibly smart, and left these nuggets in the interview so that those of us in tune with him could decipher it.

"What I have done for 12-14 hours a day for the last number of years is coach football. I have a young son committed to a Big Ten team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do. I would have a hard time not being involved in a game and not coaching"

- Les Miles when asked if he would like to coach at Nebraska.

Uhh... what?

Miles isn't going to be coaching at Nebraska. The guy is 63 years old, he has a fat payout from LSU, and he can enjoy life for a while.

As long as he isn't coaching...and depending on the terms of his release, he may be able to still get money from LSU while serving as an Analyst at DoNU.

And this would be a good thing if the we were willing to bring him on in that capacity.

• Fire 2

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing:[/size] "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

Les won't be coaching in Memorial Stadium (Lincoln)!

We have field turf, not natural grass!!!

eating-grass1.jpg

• Fire 1

Here's another article where he doesn't say the University of Nebraska by name, he says "the school he is committed to"

I don't know what that is supposed to mean but I find it interesting. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17643940/les-miles-plans-coach-again-following-firing-lsu-tigers

This will be Miles' first unscheduled fall weekend off in decades, and he said he isn't sure what he will do. His oldest son, Manny, is a walk-on quarterback atNorth Carolina, and Miles suggested he might make an impromptu trip to see the Tar Heels visit Florida State on Saturday.

"I think I'll see if my son can arrange a ticket," Miles said. "I can tell you one thing, I'm going to be rooting for the LSU Tigers, I'm going to be rooting for the Tar Heels, I'm going to be rooting for the Cowboys, and I'm going to be rooting for Michigan.

"And then when Ben [his youngest son, a Nebraska commit] ends up at the school that he's committed to, then I'm going to root for them. It's just the way it is."

Are people forgetting that Ben actively chose to not be coached by or under his dad in college?

I would imagine Mike Riley had something to do with it.

Or did he specifically say that he chose Nebraska because he didn't want to be coached by his dad at LSU?

And he won't. Doubt if his son would even see his dad if he's working as an Analyst unless he goes out and searches for him. Maybe put Les' office at the top of Oldfather Hall to dissuade his son from going to find him?