Drop Examples of Indisputable Proof That Systemic Racism Still Exists in Here

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article175406856.html

"Chief under fire after labeling Steelers' Tomlin with slur"

"A Pittsburgh-area volunteer fire chief is apologizing after using a racial slur to describe Steelers coach Mike Tomlin for instructing his team to stay in a stadium tunnel instead of standing on the field for the national anthem ahead of Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears.

KDKA-TV reports Muse, Pennsylvania, fire chief Paul Smith wrote on Facebook that he had added Tomlin to a list of "no-good" people he described using the N-word, adding "yes I said it" to the post."

So, shout out to this fire chief for proving the point of the kneel. 

• Plus1 1

Found another one.

Massachusetts official to kneeling Patriots: 'Dance monkey dance'

BROCKTON, Mass. —

A Brockton parks commissioner is under fire after a social media comment he made about the kneeling members of the New England Patriots, calling the players “turds” and monkeys for not standing for the U.S. national anthem at Sunday’s game.

The Enterprise reports Stephen V. Pina, who sits on the Brockton Parks and Recreation Commission, commented on a social media post about the players kneeling during the national anthem, writing that the athletes aren’t being paid for their politics, adding the the words, “dance monkey dance.”

Pina told The Enterprise on Monday that his words were not intended to be racist and he did not believe they would be perceived as such. Pina said he was drafting an apology at his Brockton home, getting ready to post it online, as TV news crews were outside trying to talk to him.

1ed74e84ca647cb2d6cb68042f195ee45c6c5130

• Plus1 2

This isn't an example of racism--rather, confirmation of the racism in reporting the ongoing kerfuffle about kneeling for the flag, brought to you by Dale Hansen--the same Dale Hansen that exposed a couple of treasured Southern institutions (SMU Athletics and corruption in the SWC) and received threats for doing so. 

I worry for Dale, though, because the two Southern institutions (racism, jingoism) he's taking on here are much older and deeply entrenched than SMU ever was. 

• Plus1 3

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this qualifies, but I was just realizing, I work for a large multi-state company.  Our office in Omaha has roughly 150 people working here.   Out of that 150, there are exactly 2 minorities that work in our office.   And from what I see of workers in of other companies in our building, that number jumps to around 300 and I've still only seen the 2 minorities.   It's hard to fathom with all the positions, across many different fields that only 2 minorities work here.   Maybe the Rooney rule should be introduced nationwide.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Curious Sho - what the ratio of men to women?  When you look at leadership are those minorities up there?  Are the women?

The two minorities are in entry level positions.  About 70% of the management team in our office is female.    Ratio in the office is roughly 65/35 female to male.   Our IT skews the ratio, as that is all men.   All other areas are closer to 80/20

8 minutes ago, sho said:

The two minorities are in entry level positions.  About 70% of the management team in our office is female.    Ratio in the office is roughly 65/35 female to male.   Our IT skews the ratio, as that is all men.   All other areas are closer to 80/20

So, your office is mostly women but very few racial minorities?