Grateful For Mike Riley

NM11046

Good post and I agree 100%. It feels good to have a head coach that you can feel proud of.

He answers questions so thoroughly and completely that it's tough to second guess his judgement. He reminds me of Coach Osborne in that regard.

I think we all wanted a coach who was as proud of the program's rich traditions as all Nebraskans. This place is special and it's nice to see Coach Riley and his staff recognizing what makes this place unique.

His life experience is apparent in his actions and he is the right fit for sure .

• Fire 6

Good post and I agree 100%. It feels good to have a head coach that you can feel proud of.

He answers questions so thoroughly and completely that it's tough to second guess his judgement. He reminds me of Coach Osborne in that regard.

I think we all wanted a coach who was as proud of the program's rich traditions as all Nebraskans. This place is special and it's nice to see Coach Riley and his staff recognizing what makes this place unique.

His life experience is apparent in his actions and he is the right fit for sure .

I'm not sure I would have rated this very highly at the time Riley was hired, but having witnessed this staff's inclusion of all things Nebraska and gratitude for their positions, I'd now rate it as one of the biggest reasons I appreciate these coaches. And I think the thing is: you can't know how to "get back" to what Nebraska once was if you don't even know or appreciate what it once was. I couldn't be happier with this staff.

• Fire 3

I feel ashamed i was so against the hire and his first season. Since things started turning around last year he has won me over in more ways then one.

I knew he was a great guy and the whole 'nice guy' deal with his years at Oregon State. Riley is showing that he is a good football coach, and can win games when given the talent and resources, but most of all Riley has proven throughout his career that is a great man.

GBR and Go Coach Riley.

• Fire 3

I feel ashamed i was so against the hire and his first season. Since things started turning around last year he has won me over in more ways then one.

There's no need for that. We all were. I have a folder of screenshots of everyone thinking he was essentially a laughingstock, and most of us had hardly any idea who he even was.

• Fire 2

There's no need for that. We all were. I have a folder of screenshots of everyone thinking he was essentially a laughingstock, and most of us had hardly any idea who he even was.

de946157581984180c7402c7b4bf85b92589c505

• Fire 5

de946157581984180c7402c7b4bf85b92589c505

Landlord saves a lot of things. He has a jar full of all of his toenail clippings.

• Fire 6

If we told someone from exactly a year ago that a thread like this would exist today, they would think we were mentally insane, and probably that MR wouldn't even be the coach right now. I wanted him, or at least his coordinators, gone after the Purdue game last year. I am glad that I was wrong, and I think we all can agree.

• Fire 1